DownloadStation and subfolders

Topics pertaining to SRM usage, usability and management
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your Synology model.
freitasm
Beginner
Beginner

DownloadStation and subfolders

Postby freitasm » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:44 am

Hi folks

I have installed DownloadStation to replace my home server. I copied existing files into the DownloadStation destination folder (\torrent\content). I then copied the corresponding .torrent files to the Load folder. (\torrent\load). This worked fine and after a brief "Checking" the files appear as "Seeding".

So far, so good. But I then copied a collection of files that live in a sub-folder - \torrent\content\subfolder\file1, \torrent\content\subfolder\file2, \torrent\content\subfolder\file3, etc... For this one I loaded the torrent file and select the destination as \torrent\subfolder.

In this case, instead of checking each file DownloadStation went straight into "Downloading". But here is the thing - there was no new file created, the content was downloading into the files I just put there.

Does anyone know how to correctly load files that live in sub-folders?

Thanks!

Return to “Installation and Configuration”