Daily Data Caps/Quotas

The general discussion room of Synology Router RT1900ac.
Do not post support questions in this room, please refer to one of the rooms below for further assistance.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
I'm New!
I'm New!

Daily Data Caps/Quotas

Postby chopper » Sun May 08, 2016 12:58 am

Hi all :D

I am trying to hunt down a router for my brother that can set daily data caps/quotas, as well as other parental restrictions. Long story short, he has two teenage daughters and 50gb/month plan which gets used up after 2 weeks. He cannot afford a better plan.

Before I go down the path of purchasing a gargoyle wrt router, I was wondering can the synology router provide data caps/ quotas natively or via its RADIUS package? I have downloaded the RADIUS package to my Synology NAS to have a look but Being a noob to all things RADIUS all it does is to create RADIUS client IDs?

Having daily caps would be a very great tool :idea: for a parent. Can the Synology router do this?

Tony 8)
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Daily Data Caps/Quotas

Postby heathcooper89 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:31 am

You can throttle their bandwidth and hours of usage, but I've been unable to find a way to set a data quotas.

Return to “Synology Router”