CloudSync with Multiple Folders

DSM6.0 beta, based on a more efficient system architecture by rolling 64-bit architecture on compatible models and modularizing a greater number of applications, DSM 6.0 delivers significant advancements in productivity, flexibility, and performance.
Key new features in DSM 6.0 include: Btrfs File System, 64-Bit Architecture, Service Modularization, Snapshot & Replication, 802.1X support and much more.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
ericdano
Versed
Versed

Re: CloudSync with Multiple Folders

Unread post by ericdano » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:47 pm

oRBIT wrote:If you want to sync multiple folders with CloudSync, check the "task list" in CloudSync! This is a new feature within DSM6.0b.
I see the Task list for the Google Drive Sync I have, but I cannot edit it. Ideas anyone?

Or if I delete the one that is there (which is mapped to the root folder on Google Drive), can I remap it again and NOT have to upload everything again (500 gigs)..???

scottkoland
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: CloudSync with Multiple Folders

Unread post by scottkoland » Sat May 21, 2016 8:18 pm

OK, after re-reading syno.dustin's post a few times and some trial and error, I finally got this working to synchronize two folders at Synology root to two folders on Amazon Cloud Drive. Here's my setup:

I have two folders at the root of my Synology server: FolderA and FolderB.

In my Amazon Cloud Drive account, I want those folders in sync with: FolderA and FolderB.

First, create FolderA and FolderB on Amazon Cloud Drive.

Next, in the Cloud Sync app on Synology, step through the initial setup to sync with Amazon Cloud Drive. If you have any existing synchronization, delete it. In the section where you select the Local path and Remote path, be sure not to select Root folder. In Remote path, select FolderA, and in Local path select FolderA. Continue with the prompts until the synchronization for FolderA begins.

Now, while FolderA is synchronizing, go back to the Cloud Sync app and select Task list. You will now see that Create is not grayed out. Click Create. Select FolderB in the Local path and Remote path, and continue the prompts until FolderB begins synchronizing.

This is now working for me, synchronizing two different folders on Synology at root to two different folders on Amazon Cloud Storage.

Return to “DiskStation Manager 6.0 Beta”