Compatible UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply)

Check out if your hardware is compatible here!!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
andrewmv
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Compatible UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply)

Unread post by andrewmv » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:55 am

NAS: Synology DS716+
UPS: APC Back-UPS ES 600M1

Works as intended - USB UPS is automatically detected by setup pane in control panel, shows battery health, on-battery ETA, logs on/off battery events in the system log and notification area, allows for scheduled safe-mode of server, optional power-down of UPS, and relaying this information via network socket. Essentially, it does all the things that a UPS host should.

jahro
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by jahro » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:03 am

Hi,

Is there anyone who can confirm compatibility of Power Walker VI 800 SW?

Thanks
DS 214

jahro
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by jahro » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:11 pm

Hi again,

Since I was able to purchase Power Walker VI 800 SW/FR with a possibility to return within 30 days, so I decided to do that... and now I can answer my question by myself :)
YES - this UPS works like a charm with my DS :)
DS 214

sfmike
Rookie
Rookie

Unread post by sfmike » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:24 am

Can anyone confirm APC BE600M1? It looks like a newer, more compact version of the BE550G with USB port.

Not sure if is the same as the ES 600M1 mentioned above.

Thanks...

andrewmv
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by andrewmv » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:57 pm

sfmike wrote:Can anyone confirm APC BE600M1? It looks like a newer, more compact version of the BE550G with USB port.

Not sure if is the same as the ES 600M1 mentioned above.

Thanks...
Yup, this is the same as the ES600M1, which is apparently how this device reports itself over USB.

helvete
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by helvete » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:40 pm

Hi All,

Hope someone can confirm to me how compatible this UPS is:
NAS: Synology DS1815+
UPS: Mustek Powermust 200 USB

Manufacturer - generic USB to serial
Model - UPS
Status - Connected
Battery Charged - 100%
Estimated Battery Time - Not Available

Ideally I'd like a UPS that can safely shut down the NAS but also send signals to my other Computers to also shut down not sure if this can, so any budget friendly (UK region) suggestions are welcomed

syno.dustin
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Unread post by syno.dustin » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:55 pm

helvete wrote:Hi All,

Model - UPS
Status - Connected
Battery Charged - 100%

Ideally I'd like a UPS that can safely shut down the NAS but also send signals to my other Computers to also shut down not sure if this can, so any budget friendly (UK region) suggestions are welcomed
Why not just test it? If it's showing up via USB then that's a good sign it's going to work. Also, when you use a less popular brand, the odds of finding out if it works are a lot lower so just test this and ensure it works. Even if the UPS is on the compatibility list you should do this as it's such a vital process.
If you need technical support please use this form: https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php
Synology does not consistently browse this forum for technical support, feature requests, or any other inquiries as it notes at the top of the page. Please use the proper channels when you need help from someone at Synology.

helvete
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by helvete » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:31 pm

syno.dustin wrote:
helvete wrote:Hi All,

Model - UPS
Status - Connected
Battery Charged - 100%

Why not just test it? If it's showing up via USB then that's a good sign it's going to work. Also, when you use a less popular brand, the odds of finding out if it works are a lot lower so just test this and ensure it works. Even if the UPS is on the compatibility list you should do this as it's such a vital process.
I'd previously tested the UPS before so i do know the functionality works of the basics of what it needs to do. So I did a test and unplugged the mains for a few minutes to see what would happen and I got an email saying it was on battery power and to manually shut it down. So not the best solution if I get an outage at night or if i can't remote into my home network to shut down my computers. So i think i'll save up and get a compatible one.

So a quick question on UPS some are compatible for certain DS models is that more for the DS software or that bigger DS needs a bigger UPS?

syno.dustin
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Unread post by syno.dustin » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:12 pm

helvete wrote: I'd previously tested the UPS before so i do know the functionality works of the basics of what it needs to do. So I did a test and unplugged the mains for a few minutes to see what would happen and I got an email saying it was on battery power and to manually shut it down. So not the best solution if I get an outage at night or if i can't remote into my home network to shut down my computers. So i think i'll save up and get a compatible one.
In DSM there's an option to put it into safe mode. Did you look at the help documentation for this?
If you need technical support please use this form: https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php
Synology does not consistently browse this forum for technical support, feature requests, or any other inquiries as it notes at the top of the page. Please use the proper channels when you need help from someone at Synology.

ben_r_
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by ben_r_ » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:52 am

Anyone know of a fully compatible UPS for the DS916+?
DS916+ (8GB) w/ DX213 and 6 x 8TB WD Red

erikendswithak
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by erikendswithak » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:45 am

I have a Synology DS3615xs and an APC PRO1500. The APC doesn't have a USB port, instead it uses a proprietary usb to ethernet cable. The DS3615xs doesn't detect the UPS at all.

thrymartin
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: NITRAM POWER BOXX PB650LCD

Unread post by thrymartin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:07 pm

thrymartin wrote:Brand Name : NITRAM
Model Number : PB650LCD
Synology Device : DS414j
Firmware : ?
Reported by : thrymartin
YYYY.MM : 2015.02
Notes : PERFECT !
Hello

PB450LCD PERFECT

Kortoga
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by Kortoga » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:55 pm

Searched the compatibility list for UPS.
Dang if I can't find 1 UPS that is compatible with the DS1515+.
I honestly did not click through all of them, but I went through about 50 randomly. I found none to be compatible with the DS1515+.

Does anyone have a list of compatible UPS for the DS1515+?
I want to ensure when the UPS is being used (when main power is lost), the DS1515+ will shut down gracefully.

The DS1515+ will be the only thing plugged into the UPS.
Thank you...

Boaz_Synology
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Boaz_Synology » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:28 pm

NAS: DS416j
UPS: APC Back-ups Pro 1000 (BR1000G)

This was identified in the Synology Compatibility list, There is a USB=Data cable that is connected to the DS416J usb 2.0 port in the back,
Using the Control Panel/Hardware and Power/UPS tab you will find all of the pertinent information regarding the APC UPS.
I did not need to install the PowerChute software and could not since it was not hooked up to my computer but appears to work,

Mirage
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Mirage » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:45 pm

Brand Name : CyberPower
Model Number : CP1000PFCLCD
Synology Device : DS1815+ as UPS Server and DS916+ as Client(*)
Firmware : DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9
Reported by : Mirage
YYYY.MM : 2017.03
Notes : This UPS is providing a true sine wave(**) signal output as opposed to the CP1000AVRLCD cheaper units. It is inexpensive and was really easy to set-up on my DS1815+.

I am using this UPS for multiple diskstations (two as of now). Here is how the UPS is communicating to both NASs:
The 1815+ is configured as the ups server. I've entered the IP address of my 916+ in the "Permitted Diskstation Devices". Then I just enabled the UPS support on the 916+ and entered the IP address of the ups server (my DS1815+).
To my great surprise, even through the client (DS916+), I see that the UPS is connected and I can monitor the UPS battery status.

Battery Duration: I have 8 X WD 4tb Reds in the DS1815+ and 2 1TB Hitachis in the DS916+ Total Consumption shows 78W in normal read/write operation. Expected battery duration is 42minutes.
Plenty for my needs.

I am now planning to Install a CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD to support my PC, routers and switches (300W estimated)

(*) Note, you have to ensure that the network (routers and switches) are up during the power outage in order to allow the communication between the UPS server and the Client.
(**) Here are 2 youtube videos showing that the cyberpower PFCLCD devices are producing a pretty decent sine wave curve:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QlF5vJlXaA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KysBEnZUcaw
Building a family Plex server and backup solution....
[list]DS916+ 8GB - 4X4TB Reds, SHR (Backup)
DS1815+ 2GB - 8X4TB Reds, RAID10 (all media and data)
Transcoding - I7-7700K, Z270I, 16GB, AIO H75, Samsung evo SSD
Transmitting - Asus RT-AC3100
Routing - 2X Netgear GS108T [/list]

Return to “Hardware Compatibility Lists”