DS918+ compatible RAM

Check out if your hardware is compatible here!!
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
spn
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Synology DS918+ NAS - I PURCHASED THIS CRUCIAL RAM AND IT WONT BOOT

Unread post by spn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 pm

I purchased the ram below for Synology DS918+ and the unit will not boot, I get only flashing blue light so had to refit the Synology 4gb ram.

Can somebody please confirm if this ram should work and if it won't could somebody kindly let me know what crucial ram that I should have ordered.


What i ordered and my Synology will not boot.

Crucial - Kit de memoria RAM de 16 GB (8 GB x 2, DDR3, 1866 MT/s, PC3-14900, SODIMM 204-Pin)

mod note: shop link removed


Many thanks in advance

sIMON

spn
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Re: DS918+ compatible RAM. - Crucial CT2K102464BF186D

Unread post by spn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:01 pm

Crucial CT2K102464BF186D Should this ram work?

I purchased this ram from amazon and my nas will not boot i only get flashing blue light. Should this ram work or maybe I did not fit it correctly. the specs are almost identical to the brand ram and its crucial. Did i make a newby mistake :)


Crucial - Kit de memoria RAM de 16 GB (8 GB x 2, DDR3, 1866 MT/s, PC3-14900, SODIMM 204-Pin)
Crucial CT2K102464BF186D


If it is wrong could somebody kindly give me amazon link for 2 x 8 kit that will work.

Many thanks in advance

Simon

spn
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:40 pm

FAO RAM GURU - Will this Ram work Crucial CT2K102464BF186D with Synology DS918+

Unread post by spn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Crucial CT2K102464BF186D Should this ram work?

I purchased this ram from amazon in the hope it would work and my nas will not boot and i only get flashing blue light. the specs are almost identical to the brand ram and it's crucial. So Did i make a newbie mistake purchase or should it work?


Crucial -CT2K102464BF186D Kit de memoria RAM de 16 GB (8 GB x 2, DDR3, 1866 MT/s, PC3-14900, SODIMM 204-Pin)


If it is wrong could somebody kindly give me amazon link for 2 x 8 kit that will work.

Many thanks in advance Simon

friendgr
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:55 pm

Re: DS918+ compatible RAM

Unread post by friendgr » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:52 pm

I think the correct one should be

Crucial CT2C8G3S186DM

Crucial CT2C8G3S186DM 16 GB Kit (8 GB x 2) (DDR3L, 1866 MT/s, PC3-14900, SODIMM, 204-Pin) Memory for Mac

spn
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Re: DS918+ compatible RAM

Unread post by spn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:43 pm

Many thx for your speedy reply much appreciated have a great weekend

friendgr
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:55 pm

Re: DS918+ compatible RAM

Unread post by friendgr » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:22 pm

Synology uses DDR3L

castro145
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:32 am

Re: DS918+ compatible RAM

Unread post by castro145 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:33 pm

Just am FYI, I just installed this 16GB kit in my DS918+. Purchased from Amazon, $99!!! Can't be beat with a stick.

Timetec Hynix IC Apple 16GB Kit... mod note: shop link removed

So far it's working great!! Much snappier NAS for sure. Was running a Calibre server as Docker and was chewing up my memory, this solves the problem.

Haris

gpborges
Trainee
Trainee
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:54 pm
Location: Sumaré-SP / Brazil

Re: DS918+ compatible RAM

Unread post by gpborges » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:40 pm

castro145 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:33 pm
Just am FYI, I just installed this 16GB kit in my DS918+. Purchased from Amazon, $99!!! Can't be beat with a stick.

Timetec Hynix IC Apple 16GB Kit...

So far it's working great!! Much snappier NAS for sure. Was running a Calibre server as Docker and was chewing up my memory, this solves the problem.

Haris
$99 for 2x8GB is tempting. Specially after reading your post. Is it still working fine? Does anyone think that paying the extra 60 bucks for the Crucial modules is worth?

Thanks!
DS415+ but moving to DS918+

castro145
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:32 am

Re: DS918+ compatible RAM

Unread post by castro145 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:43 pm

Follow and an update. It's been a little over month and half now and I've had zero issues with the RAM. Logs are clean, no crashes, boots up just fine. I would definitely recommend and would not hesitate in purchasing again.

User avatar
ytsejam1138
Student
Student
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:46 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida USA

Re: DS918+ compatible RAM

Unread post by ytsejam1138 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:02 am

castro145 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:43 pm
Follow and an update. It's been a little over month and half now and I've had zero issues with the RAM. Logs are clean, no crashes, boots up just fine. I would definitely recommend and would not hesitate in purchasing again.
+1 for the Timetec memory. I also purchased the 16GB kit from Amazon and it's working perfectly in my DS918+. Here is the title of the memory as listed by Amazon, if anyone needs it:

Timetec Hynix IC Apple 16GB Kit (2x8GB) DDR3L PC3L-14900 1866MHz for iMac 17,1 w/Retina 5K display (27-inch Late 2015) A1419 (EMC 2834) MK462LL/A, MK472LL/A, MK482LL/A (16GB Kit (2x8GB))


UPDATE: My DS918+ has locked up (crashed) twice within the last 4 days. One of those requiring me to reinstall DSM. The TimeTec memory is now on its way back to Amazon. I have now ordered the above mentioned Crucial memory, it'll be here tomorrow. I have been using Synology DiskStations for years and have never had one crash on me, they are rock solid, however this memory is crap.
DS918+ DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2
RT1900ac SRM 1.1.7-6941 Update 1

nagual
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:31 pm

Re: DS918+ compatible RAM

Unread post by nagual » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:51 pm

Thank you for updating your post ytsejam1138

gpborges
Trainee
Trainee
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:54 pm
Location: Sumaré-SP / Brazil

Re: DS918+ compatible RAM

Unread post by gpborges » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:29 pm

ytsejam1138 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:02 am
castro145 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:43 pm
Follow and an update. It's been a little over month and half now and I've had zero issues with the RAM. Logs are clean, no crashes, boots up just fine. I would definitely recommend and would not hesitate in purchasing again.
+1 for the Timetec memory. I also purchased the 16GB kit from Amazon and it's working perfectly in my DS918+. Here is the title of the memory as listed by Amazon, if anyone needs it:

Timetec Hynix IC Apple 16GB Kit (2x8GB) DDR3L PC3L-14900 1866MHz for iMac 17,1 w/Retina 5K display (27-inch Late 2015) A1419 (EMC 2834) MK462LL/A, MK472LL/A, MK482LL/A (16GB Kit (2x8GB))


UPDATE: My DS918+ has locked up (crashed) twice within the last 4 days. One of those requiring me to reinstall DSM. The TimeTec memory is now on its way back to Amazon. I have now ordered the above mentioned Crucial memory, it'll be here tomorrow. I have been using Synology DiskStations for years and have never had one crash on me, they are rock solid, however this memory is crap.
I got worried now... :-( Is yours still running fine @castro145 ?
DS415+ but moving to DS918+

castro145
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:32 am

Re: DS918+ compatible RAM

Unread post by castro145 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:39 am

Hello,
Mine still running with zero issues, uptime right now 454 hours.

Haris

User avatar
ytsejam1138
Student
Student
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:46 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida USA

Re: DS918+ compatible RAM

Unread post by ytsejam1138 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:46 pm

castro145 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:39 am
Hello,
Mine still running with zero issues, uptime right now 454 hours.

Haris
That's great news. Maybe I just got a bad stick or something. Anyway, I've had the Crucial (CT2K8G3S186DM) installed for about 24 hours without any issue, but still too soon to tell. I'll report back if I experience any problems.
DS918+ DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2
RT1900ac SRM 1.1.7-6941 Update 1

gpborges
Trainee
Trainee
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:54 pm
Location: Sumaré-SP / Brazil

Re: DS918+ compatible RAM

Unread post by gpborges » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:07 am

ytsejam1138 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:46 pm
castro145 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:39 am
Hello,
Mine still running with zero issues, uptime right now 454 hours.

Haris
That's great news. Maybe I just got a bad stick or something. Anyway, I've had the Crucial (CT2K8G3S186DM) installed for about 24 hours without any issue, but still too soon to tell. I'll report back if I experience any problems.
Thx guys for the updates! Once I get mine (Aug 12), I'll do the upgrade and report how it is as well. I got the Hynyx sticks.

Have a great weekend!
DS415+ but moving to DS918+

Locked

Return to “Hardware Compatibility Lists”