MongoDB on DS115j

Discussion room for Docker, a lightweight virtualization application that gives you the ability to run thousands of containers created by developers from all over the world on DSM
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
azanelli
I'm New!
I'm New!

MongoDB on DS115j

Unread post by azanelli » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:59 pm

I found here that with DSM 5.2 it should be possible to install MongoDB:
http://www.vrworld.com/2015/03/13/synol ... -features/
But I didn't found how to do it.

I have a Synology ds115j, updated to DSM 5.2. How can I install MongoDB on it?
Last edited by azanelli on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deksden
Beginner
Beginner

Re: MongoDB on DS115j

Unread post by deksden » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Install Docker package

Run Docker

Search for mongo, locate repository image with maximum stars. download it

Install and run container from downloaded image (via vizard?)

mortarman86
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by mortarman86 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:41 pm

I have successfully run and started the MongoDB container, but I'm not sure how to access the Mongo Shell. I've been able to SSH in, but I haven't figured out how to run any MongoDB commands.

In the Windows version of mongoDB, there is an executable to start MongoDB ('mongod') and an executable to open the shell ('mongo'). I don't see any executables in the MongoDB directory created when I ran the container.

Is there a Shell in DSM somewhere that I haven't found, or is there a trick to run the Mongo Shell once I've SSH'ed in?

techxen
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by techxen » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:29 am

I am in the same situation as mortarman. I am using Putty to SSH in and have configured it with a tunnel which maps to the port 8889 on the Synology which I have forwarded to the mongodb container default port 27017. However I am only able to login to the Synology unit. I am unable to SSH in directly to the container to run mongo.

techxen
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by techxen » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:36 am

techxen wrote:I am in the same situation as mortarman. I am using Putty to SSH in and have configured it with a tunnel which maps to the port 8889 on the Synology which I have forwarded to the mongodb container default port 27017. However I am only able to login to the Synology unit. I am unable to SSH in directly to the container to run mongo.
Update: I was able to successfully login to the mongodb shell by running the command "docker exec -it mongodb mongo" after SSH into the Synology.

mortarman86
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by mortarman86 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:59 am

Hey techxen,

I'm glad you've got it working. When I run that command I get the following error:

Post http:///var/run/docker.sock/v1.18/containers/mongodb/exec: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: permission denied. Are you trying to connect to a TLS-enabled daemon without TLS?

I've put some time into figuring out what's going on but I have found a solution. Did you experience this?

DirtyHarry
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by DirtyHarry » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:37 pm

Bumping the old thread since I've come across the very same error. Permission is denied when I try to connect to the MongoDB shell.
Anybody up for a solution?

Return to “Docker”