Google Cloud Sync - Failed to List Buckets

Discuss backup and restore functions of the DiskStation to online Cloud backup providers such as Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, SFR, China Telecom.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
barddzen
Novice
Novice

Google Cloud Sync - Failed to List Buckets

Unread post by barddzen » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Hello,

I successfully created a Google Cloud Sync storage location under Cloud sync for several items. I clicked the + to add another Google Storage Location to a different project ID and bucket. The wizard works to a point where UI enter the new project ID and when I click the dropdown, I get a message "Failed to List Buckets".

Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong or how to correct this?

Thanks.

ccarollo
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Google Cloud Sync - Failed to List Buckets

Unread post by ccarollo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:57 am

I'm having the same issue.

I've created a Google Nearline bucket.

I go into the DSM (6.1.4-15217 Update 5) on my brand new DS1517+, select Cloud Sync, select Google Cloud Storage and hit Next. It pops up a Google sign-in page, and I select the account that owns the buckets. I specify that I allow it access to manage my data and permissions. CloudSync then says asks permission to "Redirect your personal information back to http://192.168.1.62:5000, please make sure http://192.168.1.62:5000 is your DS domain.", to which I agree. That popup panel then disappears, and it asks me for a Project ID and a dropdown that's supposed to contain buckets. I type a name for my project, and then I get a popup that says "Failed to List Buckets".

This is in the latest version of Firefox, with no addons running.

If I try in Chrome, after agreeing to the redirect request, the popup goes blank and never disappears. If I close it, the DSM page just goes back to the main Cloud Sync page.

Help? This worked fine on my old synology, but it's utterly failing on my new one. I didn't spend $800+ to not be able to use cloud backup.

Geordie
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Geordie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:21 pm

I have the same issue. Desperate for a solution. Thanks

HMSD
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by HMSD » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:59 pm

did anyone manage to resolve this? now having the same issue