Duplicati 2.0.2.13: won't start from DSM, "Cannot find the specified file" from command line

Discuss backup and restore functions of the DiskStation to online Cloud backup providers such as Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, SFR, China Telecom.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
cjch
I'm New!
I'm New!

Duplicati 2.0.2.13: won't start from DSM, "Cannot find the specified file" from command line

Postby cjch » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:56 pm

I encountered this error after trying to install Duplicati 2.0.2.13: it wouldn't start in the GUI, and when running from the command line I got the above in amongst a lot of other errors. As admin, I had first installed Mono from SynoCommunity, then manually installed the Duplicati .spk from Duplicati's GitHub (in retrospect I might have been better off going to their download page, which I presume links to a stable release).

After installing strace from entware-ng I pinned the problem down to none of the Duplicati package's .exe files having their execute bits set. Fix, after ssh'ing in as root, is:

Code: Select all

find /volume1/\@appstore/Duplicati -name \*.exe -print0 | xargs -0 chmod a+x

.. after this, I could run the Duplicati service from DSM, and subsequently start the client from the main menu (the above may depend on entware-ng versions of find and xargs; not sure).

Return to “Backup/Restore for DiskStation to Public Cloud Storage”