Disc usage causes performance degradation

A new DSM aimed at boosting Data security (new Security advisor, AppArmour and digital signature for packages...), increasing business productivity (new Proxy Server, IPv6 support, NFS VAAI...), creating a more integrated private cloud (Windows ACL support in Cloud Station, support for OneDrive, Box and hubic in Cloud Sync as well as cloud backup to Microsoft Azure...), and providing flexible collaboration tools with Note Station/DS note and Public link sharing in all key multimedia packages
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
impecunia
I'm New!
I'm New!

Disc usage causes performance degradation

Unread post by impecunia » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:06 am

Hi, after upgrading to 5.1-5022 Update 2 disc operations almost completely consume the server's capacity. This happens while using Surveillance Station running. 6 cameras, 30 fps, HD recording and live view.

Degradation happens when the file rotation comes to its end period, e.g. set as "
Delete files after 14 days" - reaching the 14 th day the system starts to delete old files and the disc operations rise from 5% to 98%, and processor's usage rises from 10-15% to 80-100%. The process continues and the degradation of performace keeps on next days. My 713+ becomes almost unaccessible.

Is there a solution resolving the problem? I run ONLY the Surveillance Station package and nothing else - not even the Antivirus package.

Return to “DiskStation Manager 5.1-5004 and onward versions”