DSM 5.1 - 5022 Update2 - Jumbo Frames issue

A new DSM aimed at boosting Data security (new Security advisor, AppArmour and digital signature for packages...), increasing business productivity (new Proxy Server, IPv6 support, NFS VAAI...), creating a more integrated private cloud (Windows ACL support in Cloud Station, support for OneDrive, Box and hubic in Cloud Sync as well as cloud backup to Microsoft Azure...), and providing flexible collaboration tools with Note Station/DS note and Public link sharing in all key multimedia packages
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
nite
I'm New!
I'm New!

DSM 5.1 - 5022 Update2 - Jumbo Frames issue

Unread post by nite » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:11 pm

I wanted to post something that I can across when I updated to DSM 5.1 - 5022 Update2

I have Jumbo Frames enabled on LAN2 & LAN3. LAN1 is just the regular MTU, no jumbo frames. After I updated to 5022 Update 2, I was unable pass network traffic over LAN2 & LAN3. LAN1 was working fine.

After some messing around, I decided to disable Jumbo Frames on LAN2 & LAN3 and then re-enable it. This seems to have resolved my problem, as I am now able to pass network traffic over LAN2 & LAN3.

I'm not sure if this is a common problem after an update or not, but I wanted to let others know in case they have a similar scenario.

Good luck!

Return to “DiskStation Manager 5.1-5004 and onward versions”