DS211j - Update 5022

A new DSM aimed at boosting Data security (new Security advisor, AppArmour and digital signature for packages...), increasing business productivity (new Proxy Server, IPv6 support, NFS VAAI...), creating a more integrated private cloud (Windows ACL support in Cloud Station, support for OneDrive, Box and hubic in Cloud Sync as well as cloud backup to Microsoft Azure...), and providing flexible collaboration tools with Note Station/DS note and Public link sharing in all key multimedia packages
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
ctyker
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS211j - Update 5022

Postby ctyker » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:57 pm

NAS is basically a brick.

Web Interface is sporadic on response. Sometimes I can login and other times I cannot (it just hangs and times out). Last night I had to pull power to hard reset. Authentication seems semi-corrupt. PLEX is completely honked. Response time is just brutal (almost unusable).

Drives seem ok.

CPU pegs at 100% when opening Control Panel or any application.

Never had this issue with any other DSM update.

Case open with Support, no response yet after 2 hours.
ctyker
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS211j - Update 5022

Postby ctyker » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:43 pm

No response from support in over 24 hours after sending several emails and requesting to escalate my issue.

Unable to login to NAS:
"Processing. Please wait...."

Eventually times out and I receive error:
"Operation failed. Please log in to DSM again and retry"

All lights are green on the NAS.

Unable to connect to NAS via any device or backdoor into file share.

Authentication seems to be corrupt.

CPU pegging at 99% and support claimed this is norm as NAS is not very powerful. CPU should not max when opening the Control Panel. It never did that pre 5022.
blueaadvark
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby blueaadvark » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:19 am

I have exactly the same problem is my DS411j.

I've been waiting several days for a reply from support...
TylerDurden
Novice
Novice

Postby TylerDurden » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:40 am

ctyker wrote:No response from support in over 24 hours after sending several emails and requesting to escalate my issue.

The average response time is 3 - 5 working days on a support ticket so requesting an escalation will fall of deaf ears after only waiting 24 hours.

I'd say, back up your system configuration and re-install DSM on the NAS to see it resolves the issue.

Guide here on resetting the NAS for a re-install: https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledg ... orials/493

FYI, I have this update on my DS414, DS211+ and DS215j and no problems on any of the units and all are using WD Reds.
"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f-ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."
raveen69
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby raveen69 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:12 pm

I have noticed that the CPU will spike to 99% if I'm streaming an MKV file from my own DS412+ with the update 5022 update 1 at the moment. I know it's a beta software but I'll be opening a support ticket regardless. I was able to get an MP4 file to stream with no problems.

Return to “DiskStation Manager 5.1-5004 and onward versions”