lastets DSM update for DS414?

A new DSM aimed at boosting Data security (new Security advisor, AppArmour and digital signature for packages...), increasing business productivity (new Proxy Server, IPv6 support, NFS VAAI...), creating a more integrated private cloud (Windows ACL support in Cloud Station, support for OneDrive, Box and hubic in Cloud Sync as well as cloud backup to Microsoft Azure...), and providing flexible collaboration tools with Note Station/DS note and Public link sharing in all key multimedia packages
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Bazzo
Trainee
Trainee

lastets DSM update for DS414?

Unread post by Bazzo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:31 am

Hi all.

I was wondering if some of you guys who had a problem with the DS414 with the amber light. And those who got a new replacement
Now i also got a new replacement. With a new DS414 unit. i was wondering if it was safe to update to the latest DSM. I called the synology support. And asked if was safe to update and there said yes. But tbh im still a little scared still to do it. So i wanted to it from you guys who have the unit. I hope someone will reply. Have a good day everyone :)

maxxfi
Compiler
Compiler

Re: lastets DSM update for DS414?

Unread post by maxxfi » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:42 pm

Bazzo wrote:I called the synology support. And asked if was safe to update and there said yes.
Did you expect they could ever say no? :roll:
No longer using Synology NAS, moved to more open source solutions.
DS-106j > DS-210j > DS-411

bledd
Novice
Novice

Unread post by bledd » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:03 pm

I'm on the very latest with my DS414, no issues here..

Bazzo
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by Bazzo » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:25 pm

maxxfi wrote:
Bazzo wrote:I called the synology support. And asked if was safe to update and there said yes.
Did you expect they could ever say no? :roll:
well idk well when i call em of cos there said it it will be ok to update it but with the last unit i had i had it on hmm 5.1-5004 update..

but thing is that now i had my unit replace with a new DS414. and i also updated to the 5.0-4528 just here today.. everything working fine atm.. with the new unit but does anyone have a problem with the new update 5.1-5022 who have a DS414.??

and tbh i wanna hear from people who have a the DS414.

Bazzo
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by Bazzo » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:27 pm

bledd wrote:I'm on the very latest with my DS414, no issues here..
which update are u on?

Return to “DiskStation Manager 5.1-5004 and onward versions”