DS213+ won't boot up again after installung latest update

A new DSM aimed at boosting Data security (new Security advisor, AppArmour and digital signature for packages...), increasing business productivity (new Proxy Server, IPv6 support, NFS VAAI...), creating a more integrated private cloud (Windows ACL support in Cloud Station, support for OneDrive, Box and hubic in Cloud Sync as well as cloud backup to Microsoft Azure...), and providing flexible collaboration tools with Note Station/DS note and Public link sharing in all key multimedia packages
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
radza
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS213+ won't boot up again after installung latest update

Unread post by radza » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi there,

I've submitted a Service Ticket to Synology.. That was 8 Days ago.. Seems like they do not like me..

My DS213+'s blue LED is not stopping to blink, after updating to the latest firmware. My NAS is unresponsive (no ping, telnet, ssh). Pressing the Reset Button as described in the helppages, isn't working either.
Needless to say my Synology Assistant isn't able to find my ds213+...
I was suspecting it lost it's IP settings and switched to DHCP. Nothing in the pool =/ it's just not being able to boot again.

Did anybody else experience this issue after updating to 5.1-5004? I feel left alone.. the synology support is ignoring my ticket, and i desperately need my data.

I am trusting the Synology forum community to help me.

thanks in advance!

mukat4
Trainee
Trainee

Re: DS213+ won't boot up again after installung latest updat

Unread post by mukat4 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:15 pm

I had a previous update lock up with a continuous flashing blue light. Synology told me to pull the power cord. I'm not sure if your situation is the same, but you may not have a choice.

By the way I did not have any negative effects. THe DS booted up and had updated.
DS 212J DSM 6

radza
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by radza » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

I already pulled the power cord, after a few hours of blue blinking. Didn't help. After pluggin it in again, the ds just gets stuck in this strange bootloop again.

oorkalan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by oorkalan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:12 am

radza wrote:Thanks for the quick response.

I already pulled the power cord, after a few hours of blue blinking. Didn't help. After pluggin it in again, the ds just gets stuck in this strange bootloop again.
I am having same issue with DS213, blue flashing light. how to boot normally?

Return to “DiskStation Manager 5.1-5004 and onward versions”