DDNS & MyDS Center error

A new DSM aimed at boosting Data security (new Security advisor, AppArmour and digital signature for packages...), increasing business productivity (new Proxy Server, IPv6 support, NFS VAAI...), creating a more integrated private cloud (Windows ACL support in Cloud Station, support for OneDrive, Box and hubic in Cloud Sync as well as cloud backup to Microsoft Azure...), and providing flexible collaboration tools with Note Station/DS note and Public link sharing in all key multimedia packages
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
fritzcm
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DDNS & MyDS Center error

Unread post by fritzcm » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:47 am

Lki wrote:Today I get a different error.

The error changed from:
oops... an error occurred with the myds center server. Please try again later.
To:
Authorization required

To solve this issue as a workaround you can do the following. (Synology support did these actions on my diskstation today, but executing them is at your own risk.)

SSH or telnet

DiskStation> /usr/syno/sbin/synocloudserviceauth -a get

gives an application key like this:
xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx

DiskStation> /usr/syno/sbin/synocloudserviceauth -a validate

gives the following:
failed to validate a api key

remove the application_key.conf file in /etc/ (you can copy the file first or rename it if you want a backup)

DiskStation> rm /etc/application_key.conf

Get new application key?!

DiskStation> /usr/syno/sbin/synocloudserviceauth -a get -f

gives an application key like this but this time is has changed from last time:

DiskStation> /usr/syno/sbin/synocloudserviceauth -a validate

now gives the new application key instead of the failed to validate a api key error :

Support told me this is an error at their end and there still investigating. However my problem is solved.

Hope this helped.
I kept getting notifications,
"
Dear user,

System failed to register the external IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to xxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.com in DDNS server Synology. The reported reason is [This email is already used.].

Sincerely,
Synology DiskStation
"

So I unlinked my DS415+ from MyDS Center and removed the DDNS entry in my DSM. Now I couldn't add a new entry. It kept on saying Operation Failed.

I followed the instructions quoted above and it has helped resolve the problem.
Br//Fritz

NAS: DS415+ (WD RED NAS 4TB * 4), DS213Air (WD RED NAS 4TB * 2)
Clients: LG Smart TV, Roku Streaming Stick (EU), Google Chromecast (US), WD TV Live SMP, Xtreamer Sidewinder 2
Community Apps: Plex Media Server + PlexPass

level380
Skilled
Skilled

Unread post by level380 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:10 am

fritzcm wrote:So I unlinked my DS415+ from MyDS Center and removed the DDNS entry in my DSM. Now I couldn't add a new entry. It kept on saying Operation Failed.
There is another thread about this. Basically a couple of days ago the DDNS servers went belly up. Its up and down like a yoyo. Synology haven't said boo about it yet :(

webstar
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by webstar » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:24 am

i am also having frequent DDNS failure since yesterday and have raised a support ticket.

mrsynology
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by mrsynology » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:23 pm

Same here, the MyDS DDNS is always out of services.

ggarfer
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by ggarfer » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:53 pm

Same here. Raised a ticket and the only workaround they give is to perform a hard reset.. sad.

cloudxix
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by cloudxix » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:05 pm

For those that run into this issue, I was able to resolve this issue without a hard reset by changing the DNS settings in networking from the local area network default gateway DNS, to the Google public DNS.

Control Panel -> Network - General -> Manually Configure DNS Server = 8.8.8.8. and 8.8.4.4

for some reason, the gateway on the LAN where my Synology server was installed would not resolve the DDNS from Synology, but Google public DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) was able to resolve the DDNS after a reboot.

The connection to my Synology account credentials also resolved itself after a reboot. The NO_MY_DS_ACCOUNT was gone, so my Synology account details appeared once again.

The server also appears under https://account.synology.com/en-us/overview with a green light and valid public IP address.

So, the actual problem was, the gateway was not able to resolve various DNS entries to Synology services. Once I provided an alternate DNS (the Google public DNS) the problem was resolved and everything works as it should.

I hope this helps someone else resolve this problem. It was very odd and frustrating.

Return to “DiskStation Manager 5.1-5004 and onward versions”