AD Group and DENY write for a particular folder

All questions pertaining to Windows Active Directory Service can go here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
I'm New!
I'm New!

AD Group and DENY write for a particular folder

Postby jestep » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:45 pm

So we have the latest software:
DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 4

Here is the problem, we have an AD group that is denied write access to a particular folder. One user needed to be allowed to access to write. I removed him from the AD group and he is still denied. I went round and round trying to figure out why, I refreshed AD users and Groups to no avail.

So I then removed the security group rights just to test and sure enough the user can write. I add the Permissions back in for the group the user is NOT in and he can no longer write. Is this a known issue or something else entirely? Are security groups not getting updated correctly in Synology? I added a new group and that came over fine, I am pulling my hair out here :(

Return to “Windows AD Domain”