Users cannot connect to shares

All questions pertaining to Windows Active Directory Service can go here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
paul.callow
I'm New!
I'm New!

Users cannot connect to shares

Unread post by paul.callow » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Windows AD users cannot no longer connect to shares via either \\nameofbox\sharename or \\ipofbox\sharename.
This seems to have happened after the recent updat to v6.1.2.15132

you can connect to a share if you use the ipofbox\admin - but not if you use domian\username - prompts for password - password entry - but get an access denied message

I have checked all the permissions via permission inspection; they seem to be find

Any ideas

Thanks

Paul Callow

techweenie
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Users cannot connect to shares

Unread post by techweenie » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:24 am

I am now having this exact same problem. Just sent in support ticket.

techweenie
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by techweenie » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:33 am

A few seconds after the last post I figured it out. I was just poking around out of boredom and happened to notice the time on the NAS was ahead 5 minutes. I know that causes authentication issues, so I resynced it to the DC and now it works! I also enabled the domain option to resync every time a user connects. The default sync schedule clearly isn't frequent enough.

rwkyle
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by rwkyle » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Still having this issue. I am seeing this also. Will try to connect and it will come up asking for username and pass and even if you put it in the user can't connect. I did enable the resync every time a user connects.

techweenie
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by techweenie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Did you make sure the time is correct? Changing the resync setting may or may not update it on it's own. You can manually force an update but I don't remember how.

Return to “Windows AD Domain”