Open Files and Software Issues

All questions pertaining to Windows Active Directory Service can go here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
cavingreer
Trainee
Trainee

Open Files and Software Issues

Postby cavingreer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:04 pm

I know this has been discussed on a few threads but so far I'm not seeing a solution. We just installed a DS1515+ and I'm steadily moving my network shares from the Windows AD server to it. Our accounting software has always been a little flaky and I sometimes have to go through the open files on the server and close some if it doesn't close a session properly. Is there any way to manage this on DSM, either through Microsoft Server Manager or directly in the DSM? Another thing we seem to be dealing with is the responsiveness in the accounting software. It seems to constantly be giving users "Not Responding" on their program windows compared to when it was on the Windows AD server even though it's 10 years old (thus the swap to a new system). CPU/RAM/Network stats all look good so I'm at a loss so far as to why it doesn't seem to be operating as well.
cavingreer
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Open Files and Software Issues

Postby cavingreer » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:36 pm

I actually just found another post on here about Sage accounting sort of confirming the issues I'm seeing. So I'm probably going to have to move all of the Sage shares to a new VM server and use the NAS for backups of the VM and data. Wondering if I might dodge that bullet by using the NAS share with iSCSi from a Windows server?

Return to “Windows AD Domain”