Still AD problems after DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 2

All questions pertaining to Windows Active Directory Service can go here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
MReizinho
I'm New!
I'm New!

Still AD problems after DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 2

Postby MReizinho » Wed May 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Hello All,

I've read through the forum and I'm still having problems with AD after the upgrading DSM to 6.1 from 6.0.

Domain status check looks good but the problem is that I lost most of the Domain Users when I upgraded DSM. I have three NAS added to the domain. Two of them are running DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 2 and don't show the complete list of users:

The other one is still running DSM 6.0.1-7393 Update 1 and I can see the total of 89 domain users.

Another major symptom is that users no longer can access the shares by name but only IP address. i.e. \\nas\share does not work but \\192.168.1.1\share works fine

I've been going round this for days now. Trying everything that I see on the internet but to no avail (running a task to clear the SMB cache, removing one of the networks cable, changing fixed IP address to DHCP and back again, etc.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
strigona
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Still AD problems after DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 2

Postby strigona » Tue May 16, 2017 6:29 pm

I too am experiencing the same issue. Using the IP does work - so thanks for the work-around!
MReizinho
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby MReizinho » Tue May 30, 2017 1:33 pm

After update 4 I still experience the same problem. Please Synology fix this!

My 475+ with DSM 6.0.1-7393 works fine. The remaining ones with the new DSM update don't.
strigona
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby strigona » Tue May 30, 2017 4:55 pm

This appears to be working for me on my DS415+ running DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 4.
Ophion
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Ophion » Wed May 31, 2017 9:16 am

We have two DS415+ which have previously been joined to a domain that are now unable to do anything as they've lost their join.
Trying to re-join results in "invalid user or password", which is nonsense, the user and password are verified and work with ldapsearch from the commandline.
Software is up to date: 6.1.1-15101 Update 4.
Problem first occurred after upate to 6.1.
MReizinho
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby MReizinho » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:21 pm

I have updated to DSM 6.1.2-15132 and the problem remains.

I'm really disappointed with Synology. Several users have reported the same problem and still no solution is provided. :cry:

If only I could go back to 6.0.1
Lemahasta
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Lemahasta » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:10 pm

I think I'm having similiar issue. RUnning rs1815rp+ 6.1.1 update 4, joined to AD domain.
Synology hosts network shares and user profile folders. Now and then users don't have some of their folders mapped during logon to windows clients. E.g. user should have 6 shares mapped hosted on synology and sometimes 1, sometimes 2 don't get mapped. Shares are mapped with GP Preferences, and windows event viewer logs that "permission denied" to the share was the reason. Obviously user has proper access and is listed in ACL. What's even stranger is that after login You can either straight-away map missing share, but sometimes when mapping (via gui or net use from command line) first access denied appears, but works after 2nd-3rd attempt. Obviously no password is required, as kerberos obtained ticket is used (windows cmd "klist" shows ticket for cifs - synology)

I'll have to try out mapping with \\IP\share (right now it's \\servername\share). It actually makes difference in AD, because when mapping with \\name\ kerberos is used by default and with \\ip\ windows uses ntlmv2 (at least that's what microsoft says in their documents). I don't know how this exactly fits into synology's cscenario, but maybe it hints that there's issue with kerberos on synology? Mapping shares from other samba linux boxes don't cause any kind of issues.
I'm gonna try mapping via IP and search synology logs for clues.

Return to “Windows AD Domain”