Share and domains trusts

All questions pertaining to Windows Active Directory Service can go here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Armentum
I'm New!
I'm New!

Share and domains trusts

Postby Armentum » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:59 am

Hello! Sorry for my English!

Have a Synology DS815+, DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2. We use a few domians with trusts between it. We create a local AD group in domain, that Synology connected in. In this group all users from another domains, who must have access to share. But users from another domains can't enter with access denided. It's possible to give access to users(groups) from another domains? We use File Station app for share. Thanks.
jjb2
Enlightened
Enlightened

Re: Share and domains trusts

Postby jjb2 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:24 pm

Im not a domain expert, but I had a client with two domains that had trusts between them and when we put the Synology into domain1 only users from domain1 could utilize the system. If I then put the synology into domain2 those users could get on. I didn't have time to test it out too much but i think if you can get the user list from the domain from inside the synology (say you are adding rights to a shared folder) then it will work. If you don't see the users from there it won't. Putting users into a common AD group and adding that AD group to a shared folder didn't work for us. Now all that being said I was doing this with DSM 6.0.xx so perhaps things have changed or improved.

Armentum wrote:Hello! Sorry for my English!

Have a Synology DS815+, DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2. We use a few domians with trusts between it. We create a local AD group in domain, that Synology connected in. In this group all users from another domains, who must have access to share. But users from another domains can't enter with access denided. It's possible to give access to users(groups) from another domains? We use File Station app for share. Thanks.
RS810+ RS810RP+ RS812+ RS812RP+ RS814+ RS814RP+ RS815+ RS815RP+ RS2212+ RS2212RP+ RS2416+ RS2416+ RS3614XS RS3614RPXS RS3617XS RS3617XS+ RS4017XS+, | DSM4 DSM5, DSM6 | Raid 1, Raid 5, Raid 6, Raid 10, Raid 50 | CMS, HA, HYPER Backup, iScsi, Mail Server, Mail Station, SSD, VPN, Web Hosting | Petabytes of storage with 2TB, 3TB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB, 10TB disks | RT1900ac, RT2600ac |

Return to “Windows AD Domain”