Configuration guide for Synology add-on web services - help

Discussion room for Proxy Server package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
YesMan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Configuration guide for Synology add-on web services - help

Postby YesMan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:26 pm

With the recent DSM 5.1 updates, I have been trying to configure the Proxy Server service to provide a proxy to 3rd party web services installed on my Synology NAS. Been having some issues getting this to work, so I am looking for some guides to help me configure it.

First, a bit of information about what I am trying to achieve. I want to configure the Synology 'Proxy Server' service (found via Main Menu => Proxy Server), which I have installed via Package Center, to proxy and restrict internet access to web accessible services running on my NAS. To improve security, I have enabled the 'Require Authentication' option in the Proxy Server settings.

The web pages that I want to proxy are in the form DDNSname.synology.com:<port number>/home/ . Depending on the complexity, I would also like to have web pages that don't require the port number in the address, but this is not that important (as it would require additional DNS configurations). The ultimate goal is to type in the web service URL, have the proxy request authentication details, then direct/permit access to the 3rd party web login page after the user is authenticated.

Can anyone provide a guide on how to do achieve this nicely?

Thanks
YesMan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Configuration guide for Synology add-on web services - h

Postby YesMan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:30 am

Any feedback?? Is this topic not important/useful to anyone?

Return to “Proxy Server”