Shared Notes & To-Dos - Can you share reminders/tasks?

Discussion room for Note Station package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
bnason
I'm New!
I'm New!

Shared Notes & To-Dos - Can you share reminders/tasks?

Unread post by bnason » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:51 am

Title says it all. I've setup some shared notebooks with my wife and we can see each others notes. However, it appears that the to-do list, and any to-dos created on a note, are only visible to the user that creates them.

This would be SO much better if the reminder/task on a shared note was seen by everyone who has visibility to the note.

bnason
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Shared Notes & To-Dos - Can you share reminders/tasks?

Unread post by bnason » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:14 pm

Noted this too (no pun intended). Without shared reminders on the to-do lists, it's kind of pointless to have shared notes.

bluztoo
Rookie
Rookie

Unread post by bluztoo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Yes - frustrated to be so close to something I could use for real collaboration and then not being able to share to-do and tasks. I'm looking around for third-party that I can run on the server.
Synology 412+ and 1815+.

iustinn
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by iustinn » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:33 pm

bluztoo wrote:Yes - frustrated to be so close to something I could use for real collaboration and then not being able to share to-do and tasks. I'm looking around for third-party that I can run on the server.
Well, 2years later and the NoteStation app still missing features found in OneNote since ever ... :(
- Shared To-Do's
- Search for a note by suffix, prefix or just part of the word (who remembers only the beginning of the note name ...)
- Encrypted notebooks, not just single notes.
- Ability to arrange notes manually, not just "By name/Date"
- TouchID for encrypted notes, since the app is TouchID ready (complex passwords on a mobile device these days - no go)

Hope it will be more actively developed - notes taking apps are more important these days
For example, I don't use OneDrive but paste anything (xls files, pdf's, photos, links, cards, .zip's and whatever in the OneNote app.

dimmers
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by dimmers » Sun May 27, 2018 11:23 pm

Heading up to 3 years now.
I run a business with my wife and we have business meetings all time time. We delegate tasks and other family stuff. The ability to share tasks / link in with the calendar make total sense.
Looking at hiring an employee and the system as is is OK but we are using Asana for the stop gap.

Share to dos / tasks like iustinn mentioned make sense for any family / business

Return to “Note Station”