Where are notes stored? How to backup?

Discussion room for Note Station package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
jytou
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Where are notes stored? How to backup?

Postby jytou » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi all,
I guess the best answer to this is to save the app itself from the backups (rather than trying to save directories - what if the app is accessing the contents when you copy the file? You might end up with a corrupt backup, and nobody wants that). This should create a clean backup that can then be restored later on the same or another synology box.
My 2 cents,
JY.
dmin7b5
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Where are notes stored? How to backup?

Postby dmin7b5 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Here are the steps I use to backup Note Station files to the BackBlaze Cloud Service...hope it helps someone else.
**Make sure to change "SomeUserName" below to your actual username.

# SSH into NAS
# Create a Local Backup Target Folder on the NAS
mkdir /volume1/homes/SomeUserName/NoteStationBackup

# Create a scheduled job for 2am to sync the sqlite Note Station database
# vim /etc/crontab
0 2 * * * root rsync -avh /volume1/@appstore/NoteStation /volume1/homes/SomeUserName/NoteStationBackup

# Signup for some Cloud Backup Service - I'm using BackBlaze in my example below
# Install the Cloud Sync package from the Package Center (listed under Explore -> Backup section)
# Open Cloud Sync and connect to your cloud backup service provider
# Go to task list and click Create
# Point the local path to /homes/SomeUserName/NoteStationBackup
# Create a remote path folder (ex. notestationbak - this creates that folder on your cloud provider)
# Select Bidirectional for Sync direction
# Check Enable advanced consistency check
# Check Data Encryption and click Next, create a pwd to use for encrypting your folder and files
# Done!

Return to “Note Station”