ElephantDrive keeps stopping by itself

ElephantDrive allows you to backup the data on your Synology NAS device to our secure cloud, enabling fast and affordable separate site protection for your most important files. The ElephantDrive runs natively on NAS devices and is optimized for the Synology DSM platform. In addition to cloud backup for NAS, the service offers built-in archiving, versioning, and file sharing.
markymark01977
Trainee
Trainee

ElephantDrive keeps stopping by itself

Postby markymark01977 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:44 pm

After a few initial issues with trying to install, im now able to run a continuous backup to my ElephantDrive account from my Synology Diskstation DS214.

Unfortunately I now have the issue of the backup process stopping by itself (checked via resource monitor & Package Centre) resulting in me having to manually start the process again.

I checked the logs in LogCentre and theres nothing relating to Elephantdrive.
I don't have any speed limit restrictions in place either.

Is anybody else experiencing this or can anybody shed any light please?

Thanks
markymark01977
Trainee
Trainee

Re: ElephantDrive keeps stopping by itself

Postby markymark01977 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:07 pm

*Update*
To get around this issue I created a task in the schedular for Elephant drive to run daily at every hour.

Once all my files have initially backed up then it should be fine. I think the process is somehow ending due to the amount I'm trying to upload to my account (28g) but not entirely sure.
hanifnoor
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: ElephantDrive keeps stopping by itself

Postby hanifnoor » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:41 am

Unfortunately I now have the issue of the backup process stopping by itself (checked via resource monitor & Package Centre) resulting in me having to manually start the process again.

I checked the logs in LogCentre and theres nothing relating to Elephantdrive.
I don't have any speed limit restrictions in place either.
hanif

Return to “ElephantDrive”