Help setting up mail server from GoDaddy

Discussion room for the Mail Server Package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
scottybm
I'm New!
I'm New!

Help setting up mail server from GoDaddy

Unread post by scottybm » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:19 am

I have been looking and trying to figure out how to setup the mail server.
I have a domain name from godaddy where I currently get my mail for our business.
We also have hosting for this domain which I want to leave on their server.

I don't want to pay them for additional space ect so I wanted to be able to use my DS418Play to get all the mail.

I looked into godaddy site where the mx settings and all that are. Just don't want to screw it up. If I make a change
it takes up to 48 hours to process. So if I screw it up I have to wait again to test it out.

Was wondering if someone had a small guide on what setting to change on Godaddy and how to put the settings in my DS418Play.
I don't want to forward my domain to my box because I have the hosting on Godaddy where our website is now. Just the mail.

And do I use mail server or MailPlus server?

Thanks
Scott

Return to “Mail Server”