Cloud Station sharesync btw 2 NAses slow

Discussion room for the Cloud Station client for DSM, designed to allow 2 way-sync between DiskStations
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
jacomuller
I'm New!
I'm New!

Cloud Station sharesync btw 2 NAses slow

Unread post by jacomuller » Wed May 18, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to set up CS Sharesync between a DS416 and a DS115. The volume of data is about 3TB. Both devices are on the same LAN and the sync speed is horrendous - only 2MB/s. The following is confirmed.

1. Through testing the copying of a file, at least 10MB/s is possible on both devices
2. SSL is disabled on the client side
3. The Internal IP addresses are used, so traffic doesn't flow via the Internet.
4. Before I set up the Sharesync, I manually copied the data from the source onto the DS115, hoping that it would speed up the process.

A few questions:

1. How can I speed the sync up?
2. Why, despite the fact that the data has been pre-populated, does the DS115 seem to think that it needs to re-copy everything?
3. After this initial sync is finished, I intend to remove the Sharesync configuration from the DS115, move it off-site (while keeping the data in tact) and set up the sync again with the Internet IP addresses. Will this cause the entire sync to start all over again? If so WHY?

Thanks for your assistance.

Darren.Edwards
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Cloud Station sharesync btw 2 NAses slow

Unread post by Darren.Edwards » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:01 am

I have exactly the same issue. I have 250gb to sync between to Synology Diskstations. The sync has been running for four days so far.

I thought I would speed up the process by copying all of the files to the second NAS before I connected them using Cloud ShareSync. But no, it seems that every file has to be interrogated again

The NAS says 'Your Diskstation is Up to Date' but only about 25% of the data has been synced so far.

Both NASs are on the same LAN and are sitting right next to each other. HELP!!!!!

syno.dustin
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Unread post by syno.dustin » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:29 pm

Darren.Edwards wrote:I have exactly the same issue. I have 250gb to sync between to Synology Diskstations. The sync has been running for four days so far.

I thought I would speed up the process by copying all of the files to the second NAS before I connected them using Cloud ShareSync. But no, it seems that every file has to be interrogated again

The NAS says 'Your Diskstation is Up to Date' but only about 25% of the data has been synced so far.

Both NASs are on the same LAN and are sitting right next to each other. HELP!!!!!
What models are in use and how many files need to be synced? Size doesn't matter. It has to still scan through everything to add it to the database even if it's not actually transferring files.
If you need technical support please use this form: https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php
Synology does not consistently browse this forum for technical support, feature requests, or any other inquiries as it notes at the top of the page. Please use the proper channels when you need help from someone at Synology.

MHFrey
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by MHFrey » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:03 pm

I have the same problem of initial synchronization between 2 RS2416RP+ NAS's running DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 2. My shares total about 4TB, it will be 2018 at the rate files are being transferred. SSL and advanced consistency checks are both off. On the client Sharesync is up to about 320,000 files.

How can I improve the performance of the first time synchronization?

Thank you for your help.

syno.dustin
Sorcerer
Sorcerer

Unread post by syno.dustin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:45 pm

MHFrey wrote:I have the same problem of initial synchronization between 2 RS2416RP+ NAS's running DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 2. My shares total about 4TB, it will be 2018 at the rate files are being transferred. SSL and advanced consistency checks are both off. On the client Sharesync is up to about 320,000 files.

How can I improve the performance of the first time synchronization?

Thank you for your help.
You should read the performance section of the white paper: https://global.download.synology.com/do ... SM_6.0.pdf
If you need technical support please use this form: https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php
Synology does not consistently browse this forum for technical support, feature requests, or any other inquiries as it notes at the top of the page. Please use the proper channels when you need help from someone at Synology.

Return to “Cloud Station ShareSync”