Cloud Sync and Google Drive - slow download speeds on large files

Discussion room for Cloud Sync, the package allowing file sync and backup between your DiskStation and Cloud services
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
RanchoJM
I'm New!
I'm New!

Cloud Sync and Google Drive - slow download speeds on large files

Unread post by RanchoJM » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:35 am

We've been using Cloud Sync with our Google Drive accounts (G Suite) for a couple of years. A recent situation that we are experiencing is this - Cloud Sync will stop pulling down multiple files at the same time when it encounters a larger file and this one large file will not download at the same speeds the other files do.

We've got it configured to not have a speed limit and currently set to concurrent up/downloads of 20 files at a time. Selecting the same offending file and downloading via web browser results in a download at our expected speeds. I'm currently monitoring a Cloud Sync download of a 1.3GB file at 1.03MB/s - This same I file just downloaded via Chrome at 73.5MB/s. This behaviour is seen in multiple locations - we use Cloud Station at the office downtown and at a couple of home offices.

For a bit more context, we are talking about audio and video files. On average, file sizes will be 30-60 MB. Larger file sizes that result in this slow down are over 1 GB. Each location has Gigabit download speeds. When these large files are encountered, speeds hover around 1 MB/s. Again, this never used to be a thing. We're at a bit of a loss as to how to troubleshoot something like this - is it a Google Drive issue, a Cloud Sync app issue or an ISP issue.

Cloud Sync ver 2.3.7-1026
DSM 6.2-23739

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Return to “Cloud Sync”