Can't stop notifications from CMS

Discussion room for the Central Management System package
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
emenick
Beginner
Beginner

Help with notification from CMS

Unread post by emenick » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:42 am

Hi

Does anyone know how to disable the message sent when a connection i lost to a CMS host? I have 3 servers connected to the host via the DDNS, and apparently the connections are lost multiple times during a day, and each time I get an email from each diskstation - and it is driving me crazy!
I have checked and unchecked boxes within the Notification pane, but nothing seem to change. Does anyone know which notification to modify/uncheck?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Michael

sbyter
I'm New!
I'm New!

Can't stop notifications from CMS

Unread post by sbyter » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:17 pm

We currently have a couple of Synology NAS systems in use, all joined in the Synology CMS app.
One of these NAS systems, the main unit so to speak, is also connected directly to the outside world via port forwarding. As such, it gets tapped by bots and whatnot that attempt to log in and fail, resulting in an IP ban. Because of this IP ban, the NAS sends an automatic e-mail.

I want to disable this e-mail, because I can just as easily check it in the NAS interface from time to time. However, when I go to Controle Panel -> Notification -> Advanced, the switch for IP block message is deactivated for all options. Before using CMS, we did not get these e-mail messages, only after setting up CMS did they start appearing again and for some reason CMS does not listen to the Notification settings.

Anyone else have a problem such as this? Is there any other place where the settings for these notifications can be changed, perhaps specifically for CMS?

Thanks in advance!

Briolet
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Can't stop notifications from CMS

Unread post by Briolet » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Same problem here.

In Controle Panel -> Notification -> Advanced I switched off the notifications for Finished Backups end blocked IP adreses to the CMS. But the CMS is still getting the massages and sending me e-mails about it.

Looks like a bug to me.

matthijsvdr
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by matthijsvdr » Mon May 16, 2016 10:13 pm

Anyone ever fixed this issue? i'm having the same problem now :)

areku
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by areku » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:24 am

Hello there,

Does anyone has a solution to stop notifications from CMS in the notification panel ?

Thank you !

Return to “Central Management System (CMS)”