Impact of update 2.0.0-0094

Discussion room for Synology High Availability package
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Phill93
I'm New!
I'm New!

Impact of update 2.0.0-0094

Unread post by Phill93 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:35 am

Hi,

there is a update for the HA Manager, it warns that the running services can become unavailable for the update time. Has anyone installed this update and can tell me if iSCSI Share are impacted?

Phill93

jjb2
Enlightened
Enlightened

Re: Impact of update 2.0.0-0094

Unread post by jjb2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:59 am

Haven't seen the update yet - however - based on the past 10 years with HA - yes its possible you will lose the connection. To be safe just assume that will occur before you apply the update. If you don't lose the connection you can smile - if you do lose it you can say thank gosh I planned for it. (grin).
So many Synology systems for so many years starting at DSM V1.x.

sconsulting
Novice
Novice

Re: Impact of update 2.0.0-0094

Unread post by sconsulting » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:31 pm

I would definitely plan for a brief connectivity loss. I've done the update today however I can't tell whether the iSCSI targets became offline since I've put all ESXI hosts into maintenance mode as a safety precaution.

Return to “Synology High Availability - SHA”