Glacier backup missing files?

Discussion room for Glacier Backup package
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
koalb
I'm New!
I'm New!

Glacier backup missing files?

Unread post by koalb » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi, wondering if anyone else has experience with this.

I use my DS414 for backing up personal and professional stuff. Using Glacier Backup to backup various items. PDF, InDesign, Movie files. In this particular case below, my iTunes library.

Just noticed when I tried to do a targeted restore (within Glacier Backup > Explore) and was looking at what was actually stored in the cloud, that certain folders had zero files within them. (This is not the case locally on my NAS).

1. Is it possible that files (within folders) aren't being uploaded to Amazon Glacier? (If so, I'm not seeing error reports).
2. Or is it possible that Glacier Backup Explore just isn't listing files accurately? (perhaps it just isn't "seeing" what's on Amazon's servers?)
3. Why would this happen? (Obviously makes me concerned what else might not actually be in remote cloud storage).

Thanks!

koalb
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Glacier backup missing files?

Unread post by koalb » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:22 pm

Just a follow up, I did perform a restore to see what was actually up on Amazon's servers. It's all there.

So apparently, the Explore function within Glacier Backup somehow isn't accurately displaying what's actually in the cloud.

Any thoughts why this would be?

Return to “Glacier Backup”