QuickConnect / DS Cloud Problem

Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
MattCole
Beginner
Beginner

QuickConnect / DS Cloud Problem

Postby MattCole » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi - This is a little embarrassing as I am pretty sure this is my fault...

Some time ago I set up QuickConnect on my DS

I also installed DSCloud on my iPad and - from memory - I did manage to remote access a few times.

I have not used it much but wanted to dust it off today. Problem is, I have no idea what info to input in the log in page. My QuickConnect ID is find, bu the admin and password options have me stumped. My 'normal' DS log does not work. I tried putting in my MyDS account username and my 'normal' password. I also have a note for a 'Guest' password ( I have to admit, I don't know why), which I tried with both my 'normal'DS username and my MyDS account username.

End result - too many failde attempts to log in and am now locked out by DSCloud.

Can anyone help me untangle this mess and tell me what I should be putting in there to get logged in??

Help appreciated!
sincarne
Navigator
Navigator

Re: QuickConnect / DS Cloud Problem

Postby sincarne » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:00 pm

log into dsm in browser and remove block. use same account on ipad that you use to log in dsm
MattCole
Beginner
Beginner

Re: QuickConnect / DS Cloud Problem

Postby MattCole » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:12 pm

Thanks sincarne ...well this is getting a little complicated.

I managed to remove the block.

After playing around a little, I ended up creating a second guest account. I can log into CloudStation on my iPad via that - but (unless I have not understood the app, which is possible) this is more of a file syncing app, when what I want is access to all my files remotely, be they media or other.

If I try to log into the DiskStation remotely via a browser on my desktop using the IP address, I get to the log in page and can log with my normal log in

BUT if I open a browser - Safari or Chrome - and get to the quickconnect login page (which it says is 'DSM Mobile') I cannot log in using my normal details....I am surely missing something here with my login? Or is there an iPad issue I am not aware of? Cookies??

Return to “DS cloud”