DS cloud will not recognize sdcard Android Lollipop

Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
unib
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 10:19 pm

Re: DS cloud will not recognize sdcard Android Lollipop

Unread post by unib » Wed May 25, 2016 9:47 am

vielebny wrote:Hi, I was having the same problem. Synology couldn't cope with that for almost a year from what I can see.

The solution for that is installing 3rd party program on your android device and having it rooted. You need to:
1. root your phone (which is not that easy on Xperia Z3 phone and lollipop)
2. install NextApp SDFix from Google Play and let it do it's job
3. BOOOM! You can use DS Cloud on your external SDcard.

Simple as that. Shame on you Synology that users have to cope with such problems by themselves.

PS. Info on the solution from the Polish forum -> http://pronas.pl/temat/ds-cloud-problem-sdcard1.14093/
Checkout BFilesync on Google Play. Looks OK

iostrym
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:35 am

Re: DS cloud will not recognize sdcard Android Lollipop

Unread post by iostrym » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:42 am

HEllo, sdfix resolve the problem for me with lollipop. thanks all.

nk13gr
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:40 am

Re: DS cloud will not recognize sdcard Android Lollipop

Unread post by nk13gr » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:14 am

Plus one from me, got it to work after rooting my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo N7505 having Lollipop 5.1.1, and installing NextApp SDFix. Now, I wonder if I unroot it, will it still work...? I'm not willing to try it, cause as they say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. However, I am curious because some other apps don't run on rooted devices.

marky9074
Experienced
Experienced
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: DS cloud will not recognize sdcard Android Lollipop

Unread post by marky9074 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:26 am

Lozboz wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:21 pm
This isn't intuitive and it's very disappointing that Synology are being so slow in implementing the SDcard access provided by Lollipop.

Try this:

1. Install SD Cloud on the Android device
2. Log into app with Cloudstation credentials
3. Proceed through the linking process to the point where the Sdcard is greyed out
4. Select the SDCard0. Stop there.
5. Leaving the DS Cloud app running use a file manager app to find the folder on the Sdcard1: Android>data>com.synology.dscloud
6. There should be a further folder named 'files'. If not then create it.
7. In the 'files' folder create another folder of your own choice of name eg 'Cloudstation'.
The full directory would then be:
/Android/data/com.synology.dscloud/files/Cloudstation
8. If you want to further segment your synchronised folders you can add more folders at further levels
9. Go back to DSCloud app
10. Tap to go back to 'Select local folder'
11. Tap sdcard1 and you will receive a warning about where files should be stored. OK it.
12. Your 'Cloudstation' (Sdcard) folder should now be available to select or drill down to where you wish to sync to.

Hope that this works for you.

Works on a Sony Z3 with Android 5.1.1/ DS Cloud app Version 2.3.9-209
I cannot believe this is not fixed (I'm on Oreo). The above worked, though it still ends up with the files in a location I don't want them to be - but guess it is a compromise....

Edit: In all honest I thought when I originally tried this (some months ago) it did detect the SD card..... but now it doesn't.

marky9074
Experienced
Experienced
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: DS cloud will not recognize sdcard Android Lollipop

Unread post by marky9074 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:38 am

Meh, I see even when you force it to store on SD card, because it is under Android data the files do not get scraped/scanned by the media scanner :? :cry:

csimba
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:33 am

Re: DS cloud will not recognize sdcard Android Lollipop

Unread post by csimba » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:49 am

So disappointed to see I am unable to use DS cloud app to automatically backup photos taken on my phone from my SD card. Not sure why Synology can't get the DS cloud app to sync the DCIM folder. Netgear's ReadyCLOUD app is able to do this without any issues.

sincarne
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Re: DS cloud will not recognize sdcard Android Lollipop

Unread post by sincarne » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:34 pm

csimba wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:49 am
So disappointed to see I am unable to use DS cloud app to automatically backup photos taken on my phone from my SD card. Not sure why Synology can't get the DS cloud app to sync the DCIM folder. Netgear's ReadyCLOUD app is able to do this without any issues.
ds cloud not have photo backup feature... you try ds file or ds photo?

csimba
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:33 am

Re: DS cloud will not recognize sdcard Android Lollipop

Unread post by csimba » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:43 pm

sincarne wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:34 pm
csimba wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:49 am
So disappointed to see I am unable to use DS cloud app to automatically backup photos taken on my phone from my SD card. Not sure why Synology can't get the DS cloud app to sync the DCIM folder. Netgear's ReadyCLOUD app is able to do this without any issues.
ds cloud not have photo backup feature... you try ds file or ds photo?
Thanks for the suggestion but I only have the Synology router, not a NAS. Sadly, only DS Cloud is available with the router.

sincarne
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Re: DS cloud will not recognize sdcard Android Lollipop

Unread post by sincarne » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:01 pm

csimba wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:43 pm
sincarne wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:34 pm
csimba wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:49 am
So disappointed to see I am unable to use DS cloud app to automatically backup photos taken on my phone from my SD card. Not sure why Synology can't get the DS cloud app to sync the DCIM folder. Netgear's ReadyCLOUD app is able to do this without any issues.
ds cloud not have photo backup feature... you try ds file or ds photo?
Thanks for the suggestion but I only have the Synology router, not a NAS. Sadly, only DS Cloud is available with the router.
try ds file it not require app on NAS

csimba
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:33 am

Re: DS cloud will not recognize sdcard Android Lollipop

Unread post by csimba » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:28 pm

sincarne wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:01 pm
csimba wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:43 pm
sincarne wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:34 pm


ds cloud not have photo backup feature... you try ds file or ds photo?
Thanks for the suggestion but I only have the Synology router, not a NAS. Sadly, only DS Cloud is available with the router.
try ds file it not require app on NAS
THANKS! DS file works. Now to test it out to see how well it works to sync my photos. I really appreciate your help. Not sure why Synology does not tell us we can use DS file with Cloud Station Server. It only shows DS Cloud.

sincarne
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Re: DS cloud will not recognize sdcard Android Lollipop

Unread post by sincarne » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:02 pm

csimba wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:28 pm
sincarne wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:01 pm
csimba wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:43 pm


Thanks for the suggestion but I only have the Synology router, not a NAS. Sadly, only DS Cloud is available with the router.
try ds file it not require app on NAS
THANKS! DS file works. Now to test it out to see how well it works to sync my photos. I really appreciate your help. Not sure why Synology does not tell us we can use DS file with Cloud Station Server. It only shows DS Cloud.
ds file not use cloud station server it just use storage

csimba
I'm New!
I'm New!
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:33 am

Re: DS cloud will not recognize sdcard Android Lollipop

Unread post by csimba » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:14 pm

sincarne wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:02 pm
csimba wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:28 pm
sincarne wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:01 pm

try ds file it not require app on NAS
THANKS! DS file works. Now to test it out to see how well it works to sync my photos. I really appreciate your help. Not sure why Synology does not tell us we can use DS file with Cloud Station Server. It only shows DS Cloud.
ds file not use cloud station server it just use storage
Awesome, thanks for the explanation. You have been very helpful.

Locked

Return to “DS cloud”