shutdown command for HA-Cluster

This forum is for devlopers to discuss questions about apps/plug-ins/extension modules/API specifically developed for using with Synology DiskStations.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
dognose
Novice
Novice

shutdown command for HA-Cluster

Unread post by dognose » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:31 pm

Currently I'm using a script to perform controlled shutdowns, in case of a grid-failure.
(https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopi ... 3&t=133351)

The script works as expected, but when combined with an "HA-Cluster" there is one drawback:

- The script should wait upto 60 minutes, then power off the NAS.

Problem:

- When using "shutdown", the primary node of the HA-cluster shuts down, resulting in a failover to the passive node.
- The passive nodes now tarts again with waiting 60 minutes...

Question:

Is there a dedicated shutdown command for the whole cluster, as it is available through the UI in the High Availability Manager? ("Shut down HA Cluster")

dognose
Novice
Novice

Re: shutdown command for HA-Cluster

Unread post by dognose » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:28 pm

*Bump*

what does "High Availability Manager" execute, when "Shut down HA Cluster" is clicked?

I mean, one could design workarounds through SSH or simply by placing a "dummy" file, if the
active server is shutdown due to timeout (so, the passive server knows: "Ignore the timer, shutdown immediately!")

But a "clean" cluster-shutdown command would be "nicer" i'd say?

Return to “Developer Discussion Room”