API for user information

This forum is for devlopers to discuss questions about apps/plug-ins/extension modules/API specifically developed for using with Synology DiskStations.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
TroelsL
Trainee
Trainee

API for user information

Unread post by TroelsL » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:15 pm

I'm trying to use the Synology API for user authentication.

I tried the SSO Server, but I can't find any documentation other than the .js script. My clients are not web clients.

Basically, I want to validate a username/password against the synology API. I've made it work using webman/login.cgi.

However, as an additional layer, I'd like to verify that the logged in user belongs to a particular user group.

Does anyone know if such an API exists?

dantes
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: API for user information

Unread post by dantes » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:10 pm

Did you find a solution? I am also working on a similar application, where I'd like to authenticate users with local DSM accounts. Any help is appriciated!

Return to “Developer Discussion Room”