DS-101g+ FTP Server

Discussion for the upcoming Firmware for the DS-106, DS-106e, DS-101j, version 4xx Beta
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
4get9
Novice
Novice

Unread post by 4get9 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:13 am

I've submited by mail to add port range for passive FTP in october 2005, and 1 year after I will wait 6 months minimum.
Is it possible to create a (light) firmware for DS101G+ with the minimum of minimum (passive port GTP for example :D ) ?
And prepare a big firmware for later.

Cause one of principal functions I wanted when I bought my DS101G+ is the FTP server, and I can't use it :cry:

Thanks to think about it ! :)

PS : Sorry for my english 8)

derek
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by derek » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:21 am

Hi 4get9,

I had similar problem and wanted the passive FTP when I bought 101G+ in Aug 2005.

I couldn't use FTP unless I set 101G+ to DMZ.

Eariler this year, I upgraded the rotuer and don't know why the FTP works now without DMZ.
All I have done was setting port forward for port 20 and 21.
It maybe the great result of uPnP. not sure....

So... if it is too long for you to wait, you may consider upgrading your router.
DS 101G+ user

4get9
Novice
Novice

Unread post by 4get9 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:19 am

Some routers can open/close ports for FTP in live.
My router can't do this.
The only one solution for me is the new Synology's firmware.

PS : my router is the Provider's modem, I can't change it if I want TV and Phone services.

Return to “Beta: Firmware 4xx for DS-106, DS-106e, DS-101j”