Icon select player in videostation is gone

Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
Quantum
I'm New!
I'm New!

Icon select player in videostation is gone

Unread post by Quantum » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:51 pm

After the update to DSM 6.2 the icon to select an airplay/DLNA compatible TV in videostation is gone. I can no longer select any of my two tv's to stream to. The icon is gone when I access it through my android devices.

If I use dsvideo through the webbrowser the icon is there, but it doesn't show any of my two tv's. But I am not sure it did this in the past as I never used it that way from my pc. I always used it from android phones.

I can access the files directly from the tv's so the connection is there. But I can not use dsvideostation any more.

Quantum
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Icon select player in videostation is gone

Unread post by Quantum » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:13 pm

Maybe it's more obviouse with this screenshot I found. It is the icon circled in green that is missing in my android DSvideo app.

In my windowsbrowser it is still there but even from my pc I am unable to select my dlna tv's.
TV's are in the same Ip range as my mediaserver.
I can access the files browsing from my TV to my NAS.
However I can no longer select what I want to see in my DSvideo app and then select the TV to play it on.

chris_san
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Icon select player in videostation is gone

Unread post by chris_san » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:29 pm

Same issue here with DS Video using my Android 8 phone and my Samsung TV.
The exact same problem occurs with an Iphone SE.

I can cast music to my TV with DS Audio but the icon to cast a movie to the same TV does not show anymore in DS Video.
I also can play movies by browsing the network directly with my TV.

So it's not a network problem or a TV problem, something is wrong in the DS Video app. :?

Return to “DS video”