GEO Fence

Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
Wardl895
Novice
Novice

GEO Fence

Unread post by Wardl895 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:39 pm

am I missing something, ive got the updated app and can't find the Geo Fence settings in it?

The SS windows client does state "You can turn on Geofence in DS Cam on your mobile device to switch to Home Mode automatically when entering or leaving a Geofence.

any idea's ?

I do hope this aint just locked to IOS ! as I have Android.

Rich
-----My Setup-----
APC Smart UPS 1000
Synology DS1815+
Netgear DGND3300 Router
Netgear GS748TS 48 Port Gigabit Switch
Netgear WMS5316 Wireless Management System
Netgear WNDAP360 Access Point
Netgear WNDAP320 Access Point's x2
HiKvision DS-2CD2132F-IS
HiKvision DS-2CD2132-I x2

Various android boxes feeding from the Nas as a shared database.
Any questions just ask!

dirkies
Novice
Novice

Re: GEO Fence

Unread post by dirkies » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:09 pm

I was wondering the same as I can´t find it here either :?:
DS1813+ & DX513

impiantogpl
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by impiantogpl » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:15 am

+1
I'd love a real geofence enabled alarm!
Where's the setting for that?

Wardl895
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Wardl895 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:45 pm

Looks like new app iOS download but no android update yet.
-----My Setup-----
APC Smart UPS 1000
Synology DS1815+
Netgear DGND3300 Router
Netgear GS748TS 48 Port Gigabit Switch
Netgear WMS5316 Wireless Management System
Netgear WNDAP360 Access Point
Netgear WNDAP320 Access Point's x2
HiKvision DS-2CD2132F-IS
HiKvision DS-2CD2132-I x2

Various android boxes feeding from the Nas as a shared database.
Any questions just ask!

number6photo
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by number6photo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:34 am

I have the same message in my iOS version, and also can't find any settings for the geofence option.

Ting_tong
Sharp
Sharp

Unread post by Ting_tong » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:38 pm

Total mystery on how to use this feature. Looked everywhere.
Ting Tong from Tooting.

sincarne
Guru
Guru

Unread post by sincarne » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:00 pm

number6photo wrote:I have the same message in my iOS version, and also can't find any settings for the geofence option.
it in latest iOS version. there geofence button in setting y casa mode added 2 slide menu

929rr
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by 929rr » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:23 pm

Just reboot the ds cam app

vicw
Sharp
Sharp

Unread post by vicw » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:15 pm

Apparently, Android users including me, are going to have to wait for SS 8.1 to get out of beta status before we get to use the Geofence feature in DS Cam, unfortunately.

Voyager1
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by Voyager1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:27 pm

It worked for me (iOS) but I had to log in as "admin".
Also, while I can set the Geofence, it doesn't seem to trigger home mode on or off when entering/leaving the geofence. Anyone has experience making this work?

bpbusch
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by bpbusch » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:45 pm

I'm on iOS version 4.7.0-272 of the DS Cam application. This appears to be the latest version from the App Store - it was released on 26-Jun. However, I am unable to find, let alone configure, Home Mode. I have logged-out and restarted the application and the phone. I am definitely an administrator-level user. Perhaps I'm just not clicking in the right spots yet.

The only thing I can figure is that these features are not available when the user is in the iOS beta program. Can anyone confirm that the latest DS Cam application supports all features with the public betas of iOS?

Voyager1
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by Voyager1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:17 pm

The Home Mode with Geofence option is definitely there in version 4.7.0... But did you install Surveillance Station 8.1 beta on your DiskStation? This a requirement too...

raveen69
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by raveen69 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:19 pm

It's iOS only at the moment, Android https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledg ... am/Android doesn't show the feature detail, where as the iOS https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledg ... iOS_iPhone manual has the home mode details. Would be nice if they showed this information in the feature set.

gskips
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by gskips » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:12 pm

Voyager1 wrote:It worked for me (iOS) but I had to log in as "admin".
Also, while I can set the Geofence, it doesn't seem to trigger home mode on or off when entering/leaving the geofence. Anyone has experience making this work?
Hi,

Initially this didn't work at all for me. I had a hunt around and discovered that geofencing for the "reminders" app also wasn't working. I found that resetting "Location & Privacy" in settings/general/reset seemed to kick start the "reminders" to notify me when I left and arrived in my geofence. HOWEVER, still DS Cam wasn't switching to Home Mode. I have set up the geofence, switched it on etc on the app. I have found that when I open the app (bring it to the foreground if it was running in the background) geofencing kicks in and switches the Home Mode to whatever it should be (off if out of the geofence and on if in it)

So it would seem that geofencing is only working (for me at least) when DS Cam is running on screen, and not in the background.

Anyone else experience this, or has geofencing working properly with DS Cam?

Cheers

krvst8
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by krvst8 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:44 pm

So this is a pretty cool new feature.... if it worked. In the iOS app you need to go into Settings, then hit the little gear in the upper right. You will find the Geofence feature by default is turned off. Once enabled your device is now "bound" to the geofence feature. The devices can be managed through SS on the Diskstation. I've always had a recording schedule but found it to be annoying on days off, weekends, vacation, etc. I would typically just manually disable cameras or see a ton of video recordings. I enabled everything and noticed that once I leave the radius home mode never gets enabled on either bound device (even if app is open on phone). You also cannot manually enable home mode if geofence is enabled. For the time being I turned geofence OFF. It is nice to manually enable home mode when we actually leave the house. In SS on Diskstation you configure home mode settings. I have it set to record motion detection all the time. Looking forward to when this becomes stable/functional.

Return to “DS cam”