Playlist/Album only plays one song then stops

Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
timfy
Experienced
Experienced

Re: DS Audio plays, then hangs until manual advance to next

Postby timfy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:34 pm

clarkes71 wrote:Here is another thread of the same issue...

viewtopic.php?f=216&t=62304

No real solutions that I heard of yet. I put a support ticket in over a week ago and got a big...
NOTHING !! from Synology support :evil:

If I do hear something, I will post back.

I had a ticket open with them too, they reproduced the problem on my NAS and said that they would look into resolving the problem in a future release...
biway
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Playlist/Album only plays one song then stops

Postby biway » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:33 pm

I have purchased a Philips Fidelio SoundAvia AD7000W/12 speaker and I faced two problems (resolved now!):

1/ Wifi connectivity:
The speaker wasn't connected anymore to my Wifi network after having restarted it.
The solution is to restart your Wifi Network (desactivate / reactivate) at the sme time the speaker is restarting (flashing green led of the wifi button).

2/ Airplay protocol & Audio Station:
It was possible to define a queue but after playing the first one, the other songs of the queue are not played.
The solution is to choose the second occurrence of "Philips Fidelio ..." in the list referring to airplay devices recognized on your network. The Fidelio SoundAvia device appears 2 times in that list (First item of the list is "My Computer").

Hope this helps

Selim
timfy
Experienced
Experienced

Postby timfy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:12 pm

biway wrote:I have purchased a Philips Fidelio SoundAvia AD7000W/12 speaker and I faced two problems (resolved now!):

1/ Wifi connectivity:
The speaker wasn't connected anymore to my Wifi network after having restarted it.
The solution is to restart your Wifi Network (desactivate / reactivate) at the sme time the speaker is restarting (flashing green led of the wifi button).

2/ Airplay protocol & Audio Station:
It was possible to define a queue but after playing the first one, the other songs of the queue are not played.
The solution is to choose the second occurrence of "Philips Fidelio ..." in the list referring to airplay devices recognized on your network. The Fidelio SoundAvia device appears 2 times in that list (First item of the list is "My Computer").

Hope this helps

Selim

The reason the device appears twice is because both the DLNA interface and the AirPlay interface are recognised by Audio Station. The second occurrence (in my experience) is the AirPlay interface and track advance works ok on AirPlay with Audio Station. The first occurrence of your device in the list is the DLNA interface and it is here that you will find the track advance problems (although Synology claim this only happens where there is an AirPlay interface as well as the DLNA one).

So just use AirPlay then I hear you say?! And you'd be right to, but the drawback is that AirPlay supports only up to 16/44.1 resolution audio and DLNA supports 24/96 and higher so if you have high resolution audio you will want to use DLNA, but then you cant advance from one track to the next...

It's one I really wish they'd fix!
biway
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby biway » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:41 am

Update of my previous post:

It seems that the problem of connectivity to my local wireless lan comes from the fact that it's secured with WPA2 (Gateway: Belgacom Box 2).

If I use WPA, it works flawlessly !
jruizjimenez
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby jruizjimenez » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:51 pm

Same problem with a Philips ad7000w/12.

I believe the problem is in Synology NAS, because changing the router to use WPA (unsecure) fixes the problem (thanks biway), other airplay clients work with WPA2.

Tests (all done with the same router, nas, windows, speaker) but changing wifi settings:

Common: NAS is a DS213j, DSM 4.3-3827 and Audio Station 5.1-2549 (latest)

Wireless router with WPA2
--------------------------

1. From a Windows 7 + Itunes (no NAS usage): works perfectly (can add sons, add lists, change volume) quite fast to the Philips ad7000w/12.

2. From Synology Audio Station using the web interface: a song takes like 5 seconds to be played in Philips ad7000w/12, volume can't be changed (slider goes back to center)

3. From an Android device Nexus 5 using Audio Station app, ***wireless router with WPA2***: a song takes like 5 seconds to be played in Philips ad7000w/12, volume can't be changed (slider goes back to center), playlist doesn't work, only a song is played. The time slider moves between 0 and 1 back and forth and gives up, so the app thinks the song is not being played.

Wireless router with WPA
--------------------------

1. From Synology Audio Station using the web interface: works perfectly (can add sons, add lists, change volume) quite fast to the Philips ad7000w/12.

2. From an Android device Nexus 5 using Audio Station app: works perfectly (can add sons, add lists, change volume) quite fast to the Philips ad7000w/12.

MY Conclusion:
-----------
- Synology NAS is not able to stream airplay if the Wifi is using WPA2.
- Using WPA fixes the problem but is insecure!

Encryption:
----------
If TKIP is used, wireless failure might occur (the whole network goes down). WPA has to be configured to use AES encryption.

Other configurations:
----------------------
Try:
- UPnP activated
- IGMP snooping activated

Bonus contribution:
-------------------
Don't buy a Philips ad7000w/12, sound is ok but components are very low quality: my first unit worked 2 months, then it broke and Philips had to replace the board. The firmware can be updated but Philips has not released any updates. The web interface to change the wifi settings and update the firmware is just horrible (like built by a first day HTML class student with notepad). The Apps are as bad as the web interface.

Search google for more problems and comments about Philips ad7000w/12 and spend a lite more to get a better speaker.

Updated: 16/03/2014 add info about encryption and other settings
cbroult
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby cbroult » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:48 am

I also have the same problem. DS Audio and Disk Stations are unusable over DNLA :(
Note that used to work smoothly...

@Synology: any hope of getting this resolved.
jmsyno
Beginner
Beginner

Postby jmsyno » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:04 am

Same problem here when streaming to Bose via UPNP. Plays one song then stops.
DS411+II
2 x 2TB ST32000641AS
USB HUB - FE 2.1 7-port Hub - Terminus Technology Inc.
USB Audio - SB for iTunes(R) - Creative Technology, Ltd
USB Printer - CLX-3180 Series - Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd
USB UPS - Uninterruptible Power Supply - American Power Conversion
Belial57
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Belial57 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:43 am

Hello,

i have the same problem, with multiple devices :
- Denon AVR X4000
- Panasonic bdt 700
- Raspberry pi running Volumio

For the Denon and panasonic devices, i'm able to make it work using airplay. However, i'm stuck with the raspberry, as airplay it not well supported on this device.

The same happens from my Synology web server, using audio station. I've also tried using a DNLA controller, like DroidUpnp, but the same happens

It seems the progress time feedback is lost somehow (or is always 0:00). So, the progress bar is stuck at 0:00. Using airplay, we can see the progress bar moving as the song is played.
DS916+ / 3x6To WD60EFRX
aircub
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby aircub » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:05 pm

I have a Yamaha ysp-5600 which is new and works perfectly with other DNLA players on my ipad.

However when using DS Audio it only plays the first track of a play list.

This problem seems to have been ongoing for years!

There is not much point Synology releasing new features on DS audio when the basics don't work properly.

It is not the connected equipment because if multiple other players can work properly it is a Synology problem and should be fixed.

Very disapointing no priority appears to be given to this issue.
DS1812+
DS1815+
bvdbos
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby bvdbos » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:04 pm

I have been having these troubles for a number of years now with my Philips-renderers (about 10 around the house, live near Eindhoven). I've given up on audio-station. Even though it might be a problem with an incorrect implementation of dlna (which I doubt) then it's still no reason not to do anything about it... So tried bubbleupnp and bought a license after 10 minutes, works great!
aircub
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby aircub » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:07 pm

Yes I have a number of different "free" players that work fine eg. Creation5.

The fact Synology can't be bothered to fix this issue is disapointing and makes you wonder if brand loyalty is misplaced!

They have the manpower and skill just not the motivation to fix this issue.
DS1812+
DS1815+
DomW
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby DomW » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:24 am

I have been having the same problem but I saw another link which mentioned a problem with Media Server - http://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/synol ... 8577278587
I don't use this so uninstalled MEDIA SERVER from my DS1813+ and rebooted. DS audio now works properly from the computer and from DS audio android app on DNLA so the time bar progresses properly and it plays the whole album or play list one after another. It is great to have it working again....I hope I don't need media server until Synology fix this!
Johan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Johan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:03 pm

I had the same issue. If I started a playlist, it did run one number and returned to the playlist. Sometimes it starts the second number, but no more than that.

1) I started the browser on my LG TV (LG WebOS TV EF950V) and opened the audio player via direct url": "https://<mydiskstation>/audio
2) In Audio station, I first selected the correct Airplay device (my TV): "[LG] WebOS TV EF950V"
3) I clicked "Random 100" to generate a playlist
4) I clicked the button "Action" and selected "Play this list"
5) It played one number and then it returned to the playlist.

Uninstalling Media Server has no effect in my case.

If I select the Airplay device "Apple TV", then it plays the full list to my Apple TV with no problems.
tomtsui
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby tomtsui » Mon May 15, 2017 2:44 pm

I have the same problem on iPad using the Audio Station with my Bricasti M12. I have a DS412+
Don't have any issue when using mconnectHD and LUMIN.

This is how I fix the issue:
Remove Audio Station from Package Center under DSM
Then reinstall Audio Station and re-run media indexing.
However, not sure if it ultimate solves the issue since I had the same problem coming back after the issue fixed for about a few weeks ago.
Worth a try any way. Except the reindexing part takes some times to complete if you have a very large media library, the rest just takes a few minutes.
erpol
Trainee
Trainee

Postby erpol » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi,

I will chime in with my problem, which is basically the same as everybody's here and elsewhere: After a few days/hours using Audiostation to stream music to a DLNA client, the track time display will stay on zero, and the current track will play to its end then stop - these 2 occurences are linked, they always appear together.
This problem only occurs with DLNA, never when using Airplay.

I use Audiostation on the NAS, or its mobile extensions DSaudio on iOs or Android to control the music - not Media server.

As clients, I use :

- Raspberry Pi running RuneAudio (About this, for Belial57 who posted a few posts back: If you use Runeaudio instead of Volumio on the Raspi, it will work perfectly as an Airplay client (plus IMHO it's much better than Volumio)

- An Onkyo TX-NR609 A/V amplifier,

- A Logitech (formerly Squeezebox) media server + client device,

- A Sony stereo amplifier with DLNA and Airplay

The "problem" happens randomly on any one of the clients, and eventually all of them. To fix it, you need to either reboot the NAS, or the client, or both - it's random!

I don't use Media server, so configuring it or uninstalling it doesn't change anything at least for me. It's interesting to note that some major actions (such precisely as unistalling MS, or uninstalling and reinstalling Audiostation) do fix the problem, but this is always temporary, it eventually comes back.

I reached out to Synology by creating a support ticket, but they just responded that none of my clients being in their "approved devices" list, I could go take a walk (basically). Bummer! List here:
https://www.synology.com/en-uk/compatibility?search_by=category&category=dlna_devices&p=1&not_recommend_mode=false

This is incredibly annoying, as by all other aspects the Audiostation / DSaudio combination is both very functional and easy to use, for streaming music to all sorts of devices.

I hope enough people post this bug so that Synology can fix it, because I'm sure that's what it is - A bug in their implementation of the DLNA protocol.

RP

Return to “DS audio”