Playlist/Album only plays one song then stops

Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
tomal
I'm New!
I'm New!

Playlist/Album only plays one song then stops

Postby tomal » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:57 pm

I have a DS212+ that streams to a Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6. When I try to play a playlist or a complete album with DS Audio, only the first song is played than it stops. The message on my Stream Magic displays "End of Queue". When I press next song it starts again and stops after that song. The queue in DS Audio has all the songs, it just doesn't play it.
When I use the Stream Magic iPad app, the same playlist plays fine. So it doesn't seem to be a problem of the Network player, but rather with DS Audio/ Audio Station. I'd rather use DS Audio on my iPad than the Stream Magic app, because the former is way better to use.
Also, when I play the playlist from within Audio Station it works.

Any ideas what the problem might be? Did I miss any setting somewhere?
Thanks
Tom
jakedai
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS Audio plays, then hangs until manual advance to next trac

Postby jakedai » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:21 am

Hi all,

I searched the forum, but didn't find any answers to this, nor on Google. I have a 212j, and love it, but the DS Audio app seems to hang intermittently when streaming on my ICS Android phone.

Basically, the app will play a queue, or at least start to, and then hangs at the start of a new song, usually after 2-3 songs have played successfully. If I then manually advance to the next track, it continues playing just fine for another 2-3 tracks, then hangs again. Sometimes it will get more than 2-3 tracks, but never more than about 10 tracks without a hang. Very weird, and quite annoying.

Anyone else have this? Anyone have a possible solution? Any thoughts would be great, as it leaves DS Audio as a great app in concept, but not in application.

Thanks,

Jake
timfy
Experienced
Experienced

Re: DS Audio plays, then hangs until manual advance to next

Postby timfy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:19 pm

I have a similar problem; when I stream to my AV amp via DLNA playback in DS Audio (and Audio Station) it stops after one track. It then wont play another track at all.

However it works fine if I use AirPlay to the same amp (it has both AirPlay and DLNA support). It also works to the same amp via DLNA if I use a different control point app like BubbleUPnP. Odd.

I have raised a support ticket, if I get any sense out of Synology I will post the results here.
timfy
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Playlist/Album only plays one song then stops

Postby timfy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:21 pm

I have the same problem, although in my case it fails in both DS Audio and Audio Station.

I'm streaming to a Pioneer AV amp using DLNA. I have raised a ticket with support....
tomal
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby tomal » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:08 am

Don't get me wrong, but I'm glad that someone else has this problem and that it is with a different device than mine. I too have a ticket open. I already send in a debug log. They made me upgrade to the latest DSM version. Of course, problem still persists.
Keep me posted when you've got something new.
ericveracx
Beginner
Beginner

Postby ericveracx » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:03 pm

I have the same problem ... no solutions found yet
streaming to Philips BDP7600 blu-ray
Progress bar of the song in audio station jumps to the end and says unknown.
First song of the playlist plays and then it all stops ...
until I manually starts the second song etc..
Same behaviour in audio station and in ds audio used on my mobile.

However all works fine when using streaming-modus to my pc
So the problem has something to do with the DMRenderer and Synology Diskstation communication
Using the latest DSM version 4.1 installed 2013/1/10

If somebody knows a solution thanks for sharing with us here
tomal
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby tomal » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:56 pm

@ericveracx
Did you ever try to install a different UPnP server on your Diskstation, such as PLEX to see if the problem is solved just to make sure it is not your Philips player?
moonwalker0921
Novice
Novice

Postby moonwalker0921 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:37 pm

tomal wrote:I have a DS212+ that streams to a Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6. When I try to play a playlist or a complete album with DS Audio, only the first song is played than it stops. The message on my Stream Magic displays "End of Queue". When I press next song it starts again and stops after that song. The queue in DS Audio has all the songs, it just doesn't play it.
When I use the Stream Magic iPad app, the same playlist plays fine. So it doesn't seem to be a problem of the Network player, but rather with DS Audio/ Audio Station. I'd rather use DS Audio on my iPad than the Stream Magic app, because the former is way better to use.

Thanks
Tom

sorry for asking this.

I am about to get the stream magic 6 for my DS412+, you are able to connect the DS to magic using USB and stream 24bit/192khz ?
moonwalker0921
Novice
Novice

Postby moonwalker0921 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:50 pm

timfy wrote:I have a similar problem; when I stream to my AV amp via DLNA playback in DS Audio (and Audio Station) it stops after one track. It then wont play another track at all.

However it works fine if I use AirPlay to the same amp (it has both AirPlay and DLNA support). It also works to the same amp via DLNA if I use a different control point app like BubbleUPnP. Odd.

I have raised a support ticket, if I get any sense out of Synology I will post the results here.

I am the same issue as well, using "ds audio" can airplay to marantz a/v , but does not work using dlna. totally cannot play a single song.

suspect is it because of marantz ? your same brand ?

dlna work fine when I select the song from marantz ipad app .
timfy
Experienced
Experienced

Postby timfy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:41 pm

My AV amp is a Pioneer.... and others have reported the same DLNA problem on other equipment too.
tomal
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby tomal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:04 pm

moonwalker0921 wrote:
tomal wrote:I have a DS212+ that streams to a Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6. When I try to play a playlist or a complete album with DS Audio, only the first song is played than it stops. The message on my Stream Magic displays "End of Queue". When I press next song it starts again and stops after that song. The queue in DS Audio has all the songs, it just doesn't play it.

Thanks
Tom

sorry for asking this.

I am about to get the stream magic 6 for my DS412+, you are able to connect the DS to magic using USB and stream 24bit/192khz ?

I have not tried 24/192 using USB. I have streamed 24/96 over ethernet network with no problem. As far as I know it does not support 24/192 over networks.
moonwalker0921
Novice
Novice

Postby moonwalker0921 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 am

tomal wrote:
moonwalker0921 wrote:

Thanks
Tom

sorry for asking this.

I have not tried 24/192 using USB. I have streamed 24/96 over ethernet network with no problem. As far as I know it does not support 24/192 over networks.

thank for your reply
moonwalker0921
Novice
Novice

Postby moonwalker0921 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:26 am

timfy wrote:My AV amp is a Pioneer.... and others have reported the same DLNA problem on other equipment too.

thanks, so is a synology issues
ornette
Trainee
Trainee

Postby ornette » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:36 am

Me too. DS411j to a Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6. Plays one track then stops, even if many selected.
timfy
Experienced
Experienced

Postby timfy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:30 am

ornette wrote:Me too. DS411j to a Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6. Plays one track then stops, even if many selected.

yup its definitely a DLNA problem in Audio Station/DS Audio, if I use AirPlay to the same amplifier (my Pioneer amp has both a DLNA interface and an AirPlay interface) it plays all the tracks quite happily. So use Airplay then, you might say?! Well of course Airplay doesn't support 24 bit audio....

Return to “DS audio”