Sonos+Ds Audio weird problem

Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
tommyknocker
I'm New!
I'm New!

Sonos+Ds Audio weird problem

Postby tommyknocker » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Hello,

I'm running 2 sonos play1 with DSAudio. I do that to overcome sonos's absurd 50k files limit and also because I like DSaudio as application itself.
Now I'm using a DS412+ running my music library, both sonos are under the same Wi-Fi while the ds421+ is connected in LAN to the modem/router. Playback and browsing is just perfect, everything works nicely. But: When using DSaudio to drive the sonos (via IOS, android or win), one of them (just one speaker) doesn't show the track slider, it stays at 00.00 but the playback is flawless. if I move the slider via DSaudio the track skips correctly but the slider stays were I place it while the playback continues. Another think, if I create a playlist of any kind with DSaudio it playback only one track, even if there are other tracks in queue it stop after the first track's playback.
anyone had same issue? I'm not totaly sure but I think I started to have this issue after a Audiostation update. Any idea?
Thnaks In advance!

TommyKnocker
bartoszw
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Sonos+Ds Audio weird problem

Postby bartoszw » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:52 pm

Hi,

I'm facing same problem but with different end devices. I use 3 different ones: Technisat Audiomaster MR2, Techsat one internet radio model, and something completely different: XMDB/Kodi box.
Same problem appears when you use web page/audio - it does not progress on the song.
So it's end device independent as well as app independent. Seems to be inherent problem od DS Audio application.

Best,
Bartosz Wójcik
tommyknocker
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby tommyknocker » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:58 pm

I use kodi as well, via Avahi Zeroconf, to pick up from the same nas/directory and i have 0 problems, smooth playback, fast searching considering i have a 290gb wide library. It would be a starting point just to know were to troubleshoot...DSaudio, Audio station, wifi/network ect ect...
tommyknocker
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby tommyknocker » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Up anyone?

Return to “DS audio”