How to avoid backing up deleted photos from the phone?

Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
ghostfly
I'm New!
I'm New!

How to avoid backing up deleted photos from the phone?

Postby ghostfly » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:46 am

I'm using DS Photo's built in function of Photo Backup to automatically back up photos taken by the iPhone. I have a problem with its default behavior that auto back up the deleted or hidden photos.

To be more specific: if I take a photo with iPhone, and then deleted the photo, it will end up in the "Recently Deleted" album in iPhone's camera roll, but this photo will be backed up by DS photo.

Similarly, if I hide a photo, it will end up in the "Hidden" album in iPhone's camera roll, but this photo will also be backed up by DS photo.

This is not the default behavior of other cloud services, such as Dropbox's photo backup.

I'm wondering if there is a way to change this behavior?
ghostfly
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: How to avoid backing up deleted photos from the phone?

Postby ghostfly » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:16 pm

anybody has any ideas? Backing up deleted photos seems to be an issue that could annoy more than just myself.
ghostfly
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: How to avoid backing up deleted photos from the phone?

Postby ghostfly » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:48 pm

OK, got an official answer from Syno support team. Being able to skip uploading deleted or hidden photos is a feature that's not supported right now. A feature request is submitted to developers, not sure when this will become supported..

Return to “DS photo”