Share Photo for non admin users

Forum rules
This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
grettir
I'm New!
I'm New!

Share Photo for non admin users

Postby grettir » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:02 pm

I have two tablets with DS photo installed - on the first one I' logged in as an administrator, when I press "Share", the following menu items appear:
- Share Photo
- Share with the public
- Email Link
- Copy Link to Clipboard
The "Share Photo" displays all the android sharing abilities, including Print where I can send the photo straight to my printer.

The second tablet is owned by my daughter (not administrator, but has priviliges to use the DS Photo)
The "Share Photo" is not available.

What settings/priviliges do I have to assign so she can Share?
I'v enabled the "Share with the public", but that does not enable the built in android share.
Last edited by grettir on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
febalci
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Share Photo for non admin users

Postby febalci » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Under DSPhoto Settings-Sharing section, select "All Users" under "Share with the public" part. Or, under Settings-User Accounts - Assign priviliges. You should do all these under web interface.
grettir
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Share Photo for non admin users

Postby grettir » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Thank you for your answer, but this only enables "Link options" -> "Share with public" radio button. When checked, I get link to the photo but no other sharing options.

As an admin, this is what I see when I press share:

This red highlighted menu opens all the typical android sharing options (send to Gmail, Hangouts, Print, Dropbox, etc.)

Maybe this is not an option for non-admins, it sure is not easy to enable if it is :)

Return to “DS photo”