How to get Symfony working

Questions about hosting a Website, using MySQL, PhP or MariaDB may be posted here.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
rabol
Novice
Novice

How to get Symfony working

Unread post by rabol » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:49 am

Hi

I would like to use the PHP framework Symfony, it requires a few extensions that is not normally installed with the current version

Like intl-estension

And I need to change a php.ini setting - how to ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Steen

xiefan
Novice
Novice

Re: How to get Symfony working

Unread post by xiefan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:15 am

I want to know howto, too

casope
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by casope » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi, did you do that? how?

c_sparrow
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by c_sparrow » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:11 am

I'v opened a ticket on the synology NAS support how to fix it, but got no response till now. Will keep this thread updated. In the meantime I found a question on server fault with the same problem http://serverfault.com/questions/766074 ... or-php-cli. Hoping for answers there.

c_sparrow
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by c_sparrow » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:20 am

Finally I got it working. You need to create some symbolic links, because DSM itself comes with a minimal PHP 5.6 installation which is not the one from the App center.

The following command points the PHP executable to the one from the app center which has the needed modules enabled when you are working on a shell:

Code: Select all

ln -s /usr/local/bin/php56 /sbin/php
The following command points the PHP executable to the one from the app center which has the needed modules enabled when you use the task scheduler/cron:

Code: Select all

ln -s /usr/local/bin/php56 /usr/local/bin/php
With this two commands, my app https://github.com/C-Sparrow/Tartana, which is based on symfony is working as expected, even faster as on DSM 5 with PHP 5.5.

Return to “Web Server + PHP / MySQL + MariaDB”