Questions about hosting a Website, using MySQL, PhP or MariaDB may be posted here.
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
- I'm New!
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:52 pm
I have a (single, no multisite) website running for a while now, with wordpress on my synology. I have a lets encrypt certificate en htacces rewrite rule http -> https. Everyting works fine.
However, I need to rebuild my site and like to use that momentum to improve some things (security, speed). I have a few questions:
- Should I use virtual hosts, and why (I don't use it now)
- Should I use reverse proxy, and why (don't use it now)
- Should I use apache or nginx (I use apache now)
- Can I use hsts and http/2; tests show that my server doens't support alpn, how can I activate that on synology
- Should I create a static folder and subdomain
Well, actualy a lot of fundamentals for starting a server / website. I haven't found a good tutorial for wordpress on synology with the answers to this questions. Hope someone can help me or point me in the right directions.