Install program based on php and mysql

Questions about hosting a Website, using MySQL, PhP or MariaDB may be posted here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
ItalSec
I'm New!
I'm New!

Install program based on php and mysql

Postby ItalSec » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:41 pm

HI! I need to install on my DS216J a program called "Gazie" (LINK), that needs php and mysql db in order to run.

From the package center i have installed both apache 2.4, phpmyadmin, php 7.0, and web station.

I can't figure out to make all that working. Any help on how to?
eaz
Navigator
Navigator

Re: Install program based on php and mysql

Postby eaz » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:32 pm

I do not know Gazie, so I can only give general instructions:

Once you have started the web server and setup your LAMP, you go to the web directory and create a "gazie" folder
Maybe you would also need to install php 5.6

Normally you would:
unzip all the files that come with the installation of GAZIE into that folder in "web/gazie" an run something like an installation script that will create the database in Mariadb and setup your system.
Be carefull, everything will be case sensitive.
Clean up the installation files or folders
Sometimes you need to adjust PHP.ini or other setups, it also happens that you need to install plugins in php, most of them are available in the php settings.

Probably the package will contain an installation guidance.
Then goto your browser and link to 192.fill.your.ip\gazie and see if it starts..
Please share if a reply was useful or how the issue was solved, it helps other DS users.

DS415+ (4TB HGST+ 4TB Seagate raid1 + 2*480GB SSD raid1), DS212+ (2*WD red 2TB), previous DS411J, DS106
ItalSec
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ItalSec » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:16 pm

I copied all the file into the web folder but when i try to access 192.168.x.x/gazie/ it returns me a 500 Internal Server Error
wyodor
Sharp
Sharp

Postby wyodor » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:19 pm

The gazie folder contains a .htaccess file.

Disable it by removing the dot.

I noticed that the install page has php errors in it.
ItalSec
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby ItalSec » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am

Removing the htaccess works, but now i have to give permission (min 666) to directories

../../data/files
../../library/tcpdf/cache/

Return to “Web Server + PHP / MySQL + MariaDB”