Zarafa for Home next Generation available at cphub.net

Zarafa is a MS exchange server replacement with outlook and mobile compatibility, including IMAP/POP3 protocols support, and iCal/CalDAV feature services
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
gevelr
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Zarafa for Home next Generation available at cphub.net

Unread post by gevelr » Fri May 12, 2017 10:34 am

Hi all,

I too installed Zarafa4h 0.5.6 and everything is working fine, but not the zarafa-license server so I cannot use Outlook 2003...
There seems to be a difference in the resulting installation when I check or uncheck the setup option

Build Docker locally instead of loading compiled container from TosoBoso's Docker repository.

This option checked --> no zarafa-license server running (bad, since I want to use Outlook 2013)
This option unchecked --> zarafa-license server is running (good)

The installation of Zarafa4h via community of version 0.5.5 seems also broken (a specific version of z-push cannot be found).

finally: upgrading from 0.5.5 to 0.5.6 results in a disappearing port tcp/143 from the container definition....

I hope someone can help

Thanks,
Rutger

gevelr
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by gevelr » Mon May 15, 2017 2:21 pm

Hi all,

I got it fully working! I just installed/deinstall/reinstall it several times and it is working.
no disappearing port 143, license server running, z-push running.
I even got the docker image running in the correct timezone.

AMWild
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by AMWild » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:50 am

I installed 0.6.3 a few days ago.

Everything seems to work as it did before, with the exception of the webapp, which now has a very pretty picture and fails completely with the message "Cannot connect to the zarafa server." I can send and receive email via z-push, its just the webapp that fails.

TosoBoso
Novice
Novice

Unread post by TosoBoso » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:59 am

FranckeM wrote:I installed DS916 Zarafa for Home 0.5.6, but there is no way to start the admin Gui, is there a other way to start this?
Simple answer: upgrade to z4h 0.66 available as stable version now. Background: z4h 0.5.5 was incl. GUI still working fine on DS 5.2 but recent DSM 6.1 releases shipped Perl without cgi.pm package. So I had to rewrite the GUI.
PS: the lastest status and answers are found on the GER Forum
-TosoBoso
SPK Developer Zarafa4h (Wiki helps: http://wiki.zarafa.com/index.php/Zarafa4h_Instructions_for_Synology_NAS). DS415+, DS412+, DS214play, MailServer, Zarafa4h, OwnCloud, Docker, Debian Chroot, etc.

TosoBoso
Novice
Novice

Unread post by TosoBoso » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:02 am

AMWild wrote:I installed 0.6.3 a few days ago. Everything seems to work as it did before, with the exception of the webapp, which now has a very pretty picture and fails completely with the message "Cannot connect to the zarafa server." I can send and receive email via z-push, its just the webapp that fails.
Upgrade to z4h 0.6.6. There had been upgrade path from z4h 0.5.5 to z4h 0.6.x when Webapp setting to server port changed. z4h 0.6.6 repairs this and Webapp will be working again. A new Install with keeping data would have repaired it as well.
-TosoBoso
SPK Developer Zarafa4h (Wiki helps: http://wiki.zarafa.com/index.php/Zarafa4h_Instructions_for_Synology_NAS). DS415+, DS412+, DS214play, MailServer, Zarafa4h, OwnCloud, Docker, Debian Chroot, etc.

peterm888
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by peterm888 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:01 am

For a family server, I have used Zarafa as part of a Zentyal install for years, using IMAP and Z-Push syncs for numerous devices for the connected family.

Trying to move to a modern distribution Zarafa 7.2.6.10 on Synology, using an (almost) test account. Manually setup Synology LDAP users successfully. However some problems.

1. Need to use stunnel4 installed via apt-get as my ISP does not do STARTTLS and postfix does not do SMTPS.
2. IMAPS/993 does not work from Thunderbird (nor does IMAP/STARTTLS/143, though client can sync via IMAP/143.
3. Twice now Synology Docker has 'lost' the file mounts, and zarafa-reset container loses all email data.

First is annoying, second would prefer IMAPS/993 to work.
Third is potentially disasterous if I had moved important accounts across. May have occurred on recent Docker upgrade, or container crash/abort.

Anyone any ideas? Can I re-instate mounts by editing the config.v2.json under /volume1/@docker/containers/xxxxxx ?
Is there a separate support forum?

peterm888
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by peterm888 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:25 pm

I have identified some of the problems, with 1 and 2 'workable' solutions:

1. stunnel4 - would be useful to have as a base component, but I am able to re-install when needed.
2. IMAPS/993 works, once enabled!!

However,

3. Still not sure why mounts are lost which causes email to fail completely, but the "email lost" seems to be because zarafa-reset changed user_plugin back to db. Now modified some other configuration files, so the ldap setting is retained.
4. Still unable to get the zarafa admin and user login 'management panels' on the main Synology screens, but working around this directly with configuration files.

Anyone know more about the 'lost mount directories' or missing 'management panels' on the main Synology screens?

Thanks,
Peter.

TosoBoso
Novice
Novice

Unread post by TosoBoso » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:28 am

As already answered on cphub.net: your observation 4 is potentially disasterous" is invalid as all known uses cases had been catered for and the container is stateless.
All data is in the database and on file synology system if attachements on FS is used. Even the transient spool had been put to mounts recently.
Issues with mounts lost, which was due to Synology Docker. had been fixed and if worst case zarafa-reset container is done no data is lost.
As you now figured out the reset did change the authentication backend from ldap to database: in new version the server.cfg will no longer be re-initialised.
The upgrade instructions are anyway: check queues, shut down service, take backup then run upgrade (btw upgrade always shuts down postfix and queues first).

Ad 1: any extra install can be done via zarafa-cmdline but will be lost on upgrade. Latest versions support under /etc/zarafa(4h)/custom to place package names and scripting.
Ad 2: Using latest z4h 0.6.9 build activating IMAP via GUI should work and it now has been extened by SSL for IMAP; I gathered positive feedback please try and validate in Docker GUI ports are exposed.
Ad 3: Mounts are no longer lost in current version and server.cfg is no longer re-initialised overwriting individual settings like authentication backend
Ad 4: Zarafa admin and user login management should run with ldap also as it only grabs output from zarafa-admin command can you eloborate what does not work means

Jovink
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Jovink » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi,
I have tried to install the latest version (0.7.1) but can't run the package after install.
It says Failed to run package service.

I'm on DSM 6.2-23511 and have a DS216+II

Hope you can help me
Regards,
Jeroen

Jovink
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Jovink » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:08 am

Nevermind, it's working. I have read the manual ;)

Jovink
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Jovink » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Sorry but here i am again.

First of all i want to tell i love Zarafa!
I can send and recyve mail from my own account, activesync works too.
But after reading the wiki i still have a couple of questions.

i don't know how i can setup the Fetchmail tool.
this is from the wiki
zarafa-fetchmail add => please provide all fetch-mail parameters in order: z-user r-user r-pwd server protocol port ssl
zarafa-fetchmail add jbond james.bond@web.de mypwd pop3.web.de pop3 995 ssl => OK adding fetchmail entry for z-user jbond as james.bond@web.de at pop3.web.de.
Post adding first entry you have to run zarafa-fetchmail init.
zarafa-fetchmail init => init: adding fetchmail to zarafa services list, local_admin_users and removing SMTP recipient restrictions (please restart zarafa)..
zarafa-fetchmail list => jbond,james.bond@web.de,'mypwd',pop3.web.de,pop3,9 95,ssl
Do i need to do this with a program like putty or can i use the Z-Cmds tool?
I Guess i need thease parameters
Zara user = Jeroen
r-user = Jeroen######@gmail.com
r-pwd = MYpwd
server = imap.gmail.com
protocol imap
port ssl 993

so to add it to Zarafa i go to Z-cmds and select Zarafa-fetchmail and type the next command in the line below
add Jeroen Jeroen######@gmail.com Mypwd immap.gmail.com imap 993 ssl
and press run

But then? sorry i don't undertand what to do.

Other question;
i use activesync on my iphone but cant see the shared calendar.
I can see it in the webportal but not in my agenda on my iphone.
What to do?

Is Zarafa still in development?
I have read about a lincense do i need that and if so, where can i buy it?
Can i make a donation to support Zarafa4h?

Sorry for my english i hope some one can help me.

Return to “Zarafa”