Zarafa for Home next Generation available at cphub.net

Zarafa is a MS exchange server replacement with outlook and mobile compatibility, including IMAP/POP3 protocols support, and iCal/CalDAV feature services
Forum rules
Please note the Disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.
TosoBoso
Novice
Novice

Zarafa for Home next Generation available at cphub.net

Postby TosoBoso » Tue May 03, 2016 7:19 pm

All,
proudly presented to the community here is Zarafa for Home for Synology in a Box as next generation supporting DSM 6.0 available at Community Package Hub https://www.cphub.net/?id=40&pid=564.
Zarafa in a Box is an alternative approach to Julian Dohle's native cross-compiled Zarafa Package for Synology with the aim to ship new releases faster via pre-compiled packages for Debian provided by Zarafa.
This includes Zarafa Webmeetings which appears heavy for cross-compiling. Synology does not support Debian Package Manager (DPKG) so Docker or Debian-Chroot are used to run it hence 'running in a box'.
You can post for feedback and question below but first please review the WiKi https://wiki.zarafa.com/index.php/Zarafa4h_Instructions_for_Synology_NAS.
The Zarafa4h-Wiki has all the details to concept, setup, donation option, supported platforms (no ARM), prerequisites, installation and migration options, release status (beta) etc.
Important Note:Zarafa4h is fully functional and currently the only way running Zarafa on DSM 6.0 but it is still Beta and not reckomended for full production site unless you are expert to manual configure and harden the setup.
Respectively the internal Postfix needs extra configuration to avoid being used as Spam relay - such configuration is done manually on any Zarafa Linux install and will soon be automated for Zarafa4h; again see the Wiki

To outline the building blocks of Zarafa4h see the diagram below:

-TosoBoso
Last edited by TosoBoso on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SPK Developer Zarafa4h (Wiki helps: http://wiki.zarafa.com/index.php/Zarafa4h_Instructions_for_Synology_NAS). DS415+, DS412+, DS214play, MailServer, Zarafa4h, OwnCloud, Docker, Debian Chroot, etc.
tm255e
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Zarafa for Home next Generation available at cphub.net

Postby tm255e » Wed May 04, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi TosoBoso,
Great work, I installed the latest version (0.5.2) via the package center on Monday night.
This morning i found out it was acting as an open mail server, i was just wondering if anybody had tested this before release or maybe it was something i had done during the setup.
the screen shots on the wiki page are not the same as the ones that i get during the install.
all seemed to work ok, active sync worked fine which i need. but there is no spam filtering yet or virus scanning so was getting a lot of unwanted emails.

But my biggest issue is the open relay.

Thanks for all the hard work, and lets hope it can be resolved.

Steve.
TosoBoso
Novice
Novice

Postby TosoBoso » Thu May 05, 2016 6:48 am

Hi,
Zarafa4h is still Beta. your question on open relay: this is not yet included and planned for later releases (v.0.6.x). You can however login to Zarafa4h (from Synology console run zarafa-cmdline or zarafa4h) and edit Postfix accordingly.
I'm also working on integration with Synology Mail Server and there you can edit the Relay Host by GUI. A Multi-Relay when in use with GetMail/Ftchmail was never part of Synology Zarafa and community had to maintain on cmd-line.
On the remark with screenshots: well on Wiki the new menus of Zarafa4h v.0.6.x are already shown which is under development, testing and not yet released (it runs latest ZCP 7.2.3 with Zarafa process no longer under root).
-TosoBoso
SPK Developer Zarafa4h (Wiki helps: http://wiki.zarafa.com/index.php/Zarafa4h_Instructions_for_Synology_NAS). DS415+, DS412+, DS214play, MailServer, Zarafa4h, OwnCloud, Docker, Debian Chroot, etc.
tm255e
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby tm255e » Thu May 05, 2016 5:26 pm

Hi TosoBoso, you have misunderstood the open relay issue.
When it was installed on my system it was behaving as an open relay, meaning i could telnet to the smtp server from the internet and issue smtp commands to send an email to a completely different domain, making it an open relay mail server.

Steve
TosoBoso
Novice
Novice

Postby TosoBoso » Thu May 05, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi,
ok now understand you as this is a security issue. EDIT: I was hoping on integrating Synology Mail-Server Postfix which has nice GUI features but it looks like LMTP is not supported by this version.
The internal Posfix setup is currently lightweight and needs hardening manually. I will take automatic configuration as a priority to make this internal Postfix Spam Relay save and reflect it in the Wiki.
Edit: in the meantime for internal Postfix while I add it to the next release you can enhhance postfix: enter Synology command-line, then >zarafa4h then in the box >vi /etc/postfix/main.cf add the following 6 lines then exit and >zarafa-restart
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_delay_reject = yes
smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_unauth_destination reject_unknown_recipient_domain permit
smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_unknown_address reject_unknown_sender_domain

While in command-line you can also setup the external relayhost via postconf a good tutorial is here https://www.howtoforge.com/postfix_relaying_through_another_mailserver
-TosoBoso
Last edited by TosoBoso on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
tm255e
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby tm255e » Sat May 07, 2016 5:21 pm

Hi TosoBoso,
Thank you for the info, i will give this a try when i have some time.

Steve.
sdertz
Student
Student

Postby sdertz » Sun May 15, 2016 10:36 pm

Does this work with MailPlus Server aswell?
Mylotec
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby Mylotec » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:22 am

Hellow TosoBoso!

I'm trying to get Zarafa4H to work on my DS1511+,
I get everything installed, user created via ssh, can login via webapp.
But i don't know how i can configure getmail?
There seems to be no files at all @ /etc/zarafa/getmail ?

Can you help me out ? i need to fetch mails from another server.

Thanks in advance, and my apologies for my bad english ;)!
TosoBoso
Novice
Novice

Postby TosoBoso » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi,
Regarding getmail as stated in Wiki Release Status and planning the configuration by script zarafa-getmail is planned for next release v.0.5.4. GUI based User, Postfix, Getmail configuration is also pending.
You need to wait I'm afraid and appreciate this is a hobby project I'm doing as a one-man show in weekend sessions. The project already went amazing with special features and next to come but it takes some time.
-TosoBoso
GNOE Inc.
Versed
Versed

Postby GNOE Inc. » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:58 pm

I want to remove/clean all Zarafa/Zarafa4h from my DS, without installing and removing the packages. What do I have to remove (manually)?

So far I removed the zarafa sql database. I found leftovers in these maps:
/volume1/zarafa
/usr/syno/etc/packages/Zarafa
/usr/syno/etc/packages/Zarafa4home

Can I just delete these and restart my DS?

Please advice. It will be highly appreciated!
DS 207+/DS 710+/DS 212+/DS 415+/RT1900ac
We know everything about nothing ......

Note: English is not my native language.......
bataniya
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby bataniya » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:37 am

Hi TosoBoso,

First of all, huge thanks for all the hard work!

I read through the wiki but still have a question about migrating to zarafa4h in a box. I have LDAP setup with JD's legacy zarafa on DSM5.2 and I am not clear if LDAP would still work after migrating to DSM 6 + zarafa4h docker container. Is it possible to use synology's LDAP server package with zarafa4h in a box?
gevelr
Trainee
Trainee

Postby gevelr » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:05 pm

For those who are struggling to solv the NGINX bad gateway error on the Zarafa webapp and z-push I would like to share my solution...

I have got Zarafa4h 0.5.5 working on my DS415+ with DSM 6.0 after upgrading from DSM 5.
The setup works nicely. The only thing I had to tweak was the nginx webconfig, because of the NGINX bad gateway error...

here's the info:

In the zarafa4h container:
Cd /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d
Vi www.conf
change pm.max_children = 5 to 60

restart zarafa4h and voila.

Keep up the good work Tosoboso! My compliments on the new 0.5.5 version!
Regards,
Rutger
TosoBoso
Novice
Novice

Postby TosoBoso » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:49 pm

All, sorry for late answers
I have been occupied spending my limited time with package coding and answering the topics in GER forum (see: http://www.synology-forum.de/showthread ... ter/page70)
To the questions: 1) Zarafa4h and LDAP is possible but requires manual configuration; one of the users (dougi) in GER forum is using it (see p.60). Since z4h v.0.5.5 Upgrade is possible with all settings in sefver.cfg etc. are kept so using LDAP no longer is a reconfiguration issue.
2) NGINX Webgateway issues or webserver freezing: default setup has not enough php-fpm childred treads; this has been solved in z4h v.0.5.5 no more need for manual steps
3) z4h v.0.5.5 as stable release is now on CPHUB.net; in the meantime you find the sneak preview of z4h v.0.5.5 / 0.5.6 here: https://community.zarafa.com/pg/plugins ... a-in-a-box
nasp
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby nasp » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:15 pm

I recently bought a DS3617xs box and I wanted to install zarafa4h but I discovered that it is not supported.

It seems that the broadwell architecture is supported on the RS3617xs+ but not the DS3617xs?

Can Anybody explain the reason ?
FranckeM
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby FranckeM » Fri May 05, 2017 9:54 am

I installed DS916 Zarafa for Home 0.5.6, but there is no way to start the admin Gui, is there a other way to start this?

Return to “Zarafa”