Bugs in Synology's WordPress plugins (pkg v3.4-001)

Discussion room for Wordpress, a weblog based social networking community.
Forum rules
Please note the Disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.
akurtz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Bugs in Synology's WordPress plugins (pkg v3.4-001)

Postby akurtz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:12 am

I've been using the Synology WordPress package to do some plugin development and came across a couple minor bugs in two plugins developed by Synology. (I'm pretty sure the devs don't follow the 3rd party boards, so I'll be submitting a ticket with a link to this post.) :roll:

This is on DS4.1-2668 with WordPress package version 3.4-001 (WordPress 3.4.2). To reveal the errors, just set the WordPress debug flag to true in wp-config.php.

Language Selector (v1.0)

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined variable: folder in/web/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/language-selector/language-selector.php on line 51

$folder (defined in language-lib.php) is out of scope in function admin_init(). Might be best to declare it as a constant in language-selector.php (prefixed to avoid a global namespace issue).

Move Site Files (v1.1)

Code: Select all

Notice: Constant DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR already defined in /web/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/move-site-files/move-site-files.php on line 15

The simplest thing I can say about this problem is that it might be best to remove this redundant constant (which comes predefined by PHP anyway) and just use front-slashes (/), which work universally in almost every case (including Windows).

Lots of other eye-rolling issues with the code in these plugins...but my mother always told me that if you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut. :wink:

Finally, while I have your attention... Could you please update this package to WordPress 3.5(.1)? We've been waiting patiently for two months since its release.

Thanks! :D
zivodevo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Bugs in Synology's WordPress plugins (pkg v3.4-001)

Postby zivodevo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:41 am

@akurtz

Can you advise how I fix the wordpress/wp-content/plugins/language-selector/language-selector.php on line 51 error as I've got this too under 4.3.3750?
DS713+, DS210J, DS101J, Gigabit LAN, LibreELEC on Zotac ION connected via NFS,
Raspberry Pi with LibreELEC connected to Synology via NFS both using common MariaDB

Return to “Wordpress”