WP Installation issues

Discussion room for Wordpress, a weblog based social networking community.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
kaos
Trainee
Trainee

WP Installation issues

Postby kaos » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:35 am

I'm having trouble installing Wordpress on my NAS. Currently on latest DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 8

first it installs Web Station, then MariaDB, PHP 5.6, and finally Wordpress.
As part of that installation it asks for Admin creds for MariaDB 10 which I believe are

root
(no pasword)

Next it asks to create a 'new exclusive database account for Wordpress to use existing/new data'
Database name- wordpress
database user account (wp)
database user password (whatever)

Then on the next step it failed with
'Failed to install the package. The system failed to connect to MariaDB 10. Please confirm the administrator credentials'

This seems to indicate that the root/no pass creds are wrong, and some tutorials seem to change this, but even when I go to the MariaDB 10 control panel I get the same message about being unable to connect to the DB.

Any hints please?
kaos
Trainee
Trainee

Re: WP Installation issues

Postby kaos » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:55 am

I think I sorted this -
I installed on a different DS1817+
Looks like I didn't read the dialog box very well when doing the initial install. Instead of adding the default MariaDB login, I entered the Syno credentials, which made the install script barf.

Even though I should have been able to fix this by deleting and re installing, it didn't work.

Anyway, working now, albeit on a different device.....

Return to “Wordpress”