Wordpress site on synology not found after changing url

Discussion room for Wordpress, a weblog based social networking community.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
I'm New!
I'm New!

Wordpress site on synology not found after changing url

Postby Sahara » Tue May 22, 2012 1:22 am

Hi, someone please help me....

I had no problem accessing my website from my local network at work but i got an 404 error when i tried accessing at home (it keeps directing the page to

I wanted to fix this so that I am able to see the wordpress site from local and external network so I tried the link "http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL". This is what i added in the wp-config.php:

For a moment (about 5 secs) i was able to see my website from an external network but suddenly i got the 'page not found' and panicked so i followed the 'Edit functions.php'since it said that would help in case anything went wrong. I added:

in the functions.php file in my evolution theme folder but my website is still missing.

I am completely new to wordpress and php but I saw 3 different themes in my theme folder fyi (Evolution, twentyten and twentyeleven).

Please please please tell me how to fix this...

Re: Wordpress site on synology not found after changing url

Postby reg216uk » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:04 pm

I had this problem also i only managed to get it working once I deactivating then activating the plugin...

"Move Site Files" located on the Plugin screen...

This allows you to change the websites url in the settings.

This didnt work until I messed with that plugin...perhaps itll work for you.

Return to “Wordpress”