Getting Synology going with SickBeard by MrOrange

The discussion lounge for third-party packages.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
sillyfrog
I'm New!
I'm New!

Getting Synology going with SickBeard by MrOrange

Unread post by sillyfrog » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:59 am

I know there has been a couple of posts about this before, but I couldn't find everything in one place for a newbie to get going with using SickBeard on their Synology. This is a HowTo for someone wanting to do this for the first time, and not a lot of experience with SickBeard etc.

Firstly you need to add in the SynoCommunity to the Package Manager, see their site for how to do it here: http://www.synocommunity.com/faq

Once this is done, in the "Package Center" select "Community" from the side bar, and install the following, in this order: Image

Next select "Installed" from the side bar, and select Transmission, and click on the URL, and enter you username and password (the default username is admin, password admin). And make sure it is working (ie: you get a page loaded up):

Back to the Synology screen, and select "Installed" from the side bar, and select SickBeard Custom, then click on the URL.
Select "Search Settings" (under the cogs on the top right). Configure the tabs here as you wish, I use the defaults and just update the "Torrent Search" tab to have the following values:
  • Search Torrents is checked
    Torrent Method: Transmission
    Transmission Host: http://localhost:9091/ (if the port or similar has been changed from default, this will also need to be updated).
    Transmission Username: admin (adjust if changed from default)
    Transmission Password: admin (adjust if changed from default)
    Transmission Directory: /volume1/downloads/tv (I use a different directory from default to prevent conflicts later on).
The rest of the fields just keep their default values.
Click on "Test Connection", and above it the message should be: Success: Connected and Authenticated.
Once complete Save Changes.

Next configure "Search Providers" to your liking.

Next Configure "Post Processing", and set the values:
  • TV Download Dir: /volume1/downloads/tv (the same as configured for Transmission above.)
    Keep Original Files: no
    Move Associated Files: no
    Rename Episodes: yes
    Scan and Process: yes
Then save changes, and configure any other tabs to your liking.

Next add your first show from "Show List" > "Add Shows", find your show, and on Step 2 be sure to select something under "/volume1/Synology1", I use "/volume1/Synology1/TV" (it must already exist). Once this has been done the first time it will be there moving forwards. I also select "HD" for the quality and make this the default.

If you are having issues with SickBeard not finding torrents, make sure the show does NOT have the "Air by date:" option checked (this is configured on the show, under the "edit" button. I have found this breaks my searches if it is on for some reason.

That should be it!

CitrusKing
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Getting Synology going with SickBeard by MrOrange

Unread post by CitrusKing » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Great Post, sillyfrog!
I've been so eager to use thepiratebay version of SB. Thank you for posting images and instructions on the install, I don't see that very much.. sigh.

I used Synology DS instead of Transmission, just a preference.

Very Happy! :D
Thanks.

RuloGP
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by RuloGP » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Great post! Thanks a lot, it's been very helpful.

Icyrus
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Icyrus » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Great tutorial. Very easy to follow. I am having problems with post processing though. It's making me crazy.... Here's a copy of the log.
2013-12-08 16:01:02 WARNING POSTPROCESSER :: Processing failed for /volume1/video/TV/The Neighbors/The.Neighbors.S02E08.mp4:
2013-12-08 16:01:02 ERROR POSTPROCESSER :: File exists and we are not going to replace it because it's not smaller, quitting post-processing
2013-12-08 16:01:01 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Analyzing name u'The.Neighbors.S02E08.mp4'
2013-12-08 16:01:01 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Analyzing name None
2013-12-08 16:01:01 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Processing /volume1/video/TV/The Neighbors/The.Neighbors.S02E08.mp4 (None)
2013-12-08 16:01:01 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Processing succeeded for /volume1/video/TV/The.Neighbors.2012.S02E08.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4
2013-12-08 16:01:01 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Unable to run extra_script: 13
2013-12-08 16:01:01 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Executing command [u'/volume1/video/TV/The Neighbors/The.Neighbors.S02E08.mp4', u'/volume1/video/TV/The.Neighbors.2012.S02E08.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4', '259057', '2', '8', '2013-11-15']
2013-12-08 16:01:00 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Executing command ['/usr/syno/bin/synoindex', '-a', u'/volume1/video/TV/The Neighbors/The.Neighbors.S02E08.mp4']
2013-12-08 16:00:53 WARNING POSTPROCESSER :: Couldn't find release in snatch history
2013-12-08 16:00:53 WARNING POSTPROCESSER :: Unable to parse the filename TV into a valid episode
2013-12-08 16:00:52 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Analyzing name u'The.Neighbors.2012.S02E08.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4'
2013-12-08 16:00:52 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Analyzing name None
2013-12-08 16:00:52 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Processing /volume1/video/TV/The.Neighbors.2012.S02E08.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4 (None)

lordvader
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by lordvader » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:26 am

Nice write up.

I'm use regular sickbeard at the moment. Is it easy to migrate one to the other ?
Also, with sickbeard-custom, can you still give priority to nzb, with torrents as a fallback ?

flappy81
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by flappy81 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:41 am

Thanks for the tutorial, sillyfrog. I'd been looking for a newer version of Sickbeard, mostly because the standard one from Syno didn't support 1080p web-dl.

I have a couple of questions though:

How will updates to the SickBeard custom version be handled? Is this automatic or do you have to do it yourself, and if so, how?

Has the "RAM issue" been resolved with this version? Standard SynoCommunity version keeps building up RAM usage over time.

And finally, has anybody found a solution for the disks waking from hibernation every hour with this SB version? Seems a bit excessive. The standard one didn't do that.
DS213

Bankeralle
I'm New!
I'm New!

Help setting up ds414 with sickbeard

Unread post by Bankeralle » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi guys

I have just bought myself the diskstation 414. I am quite happy with so far but now i want to set it up
With sickbeard.
I followwed this guide
http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic ... og#p299197
But somehow the configurationpage(web page) for sickbeard and transmission wont start after installation is complete.

Any idea why, is there something else that need to be done

sillyfrog
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Help setting up ds414 with sickbeard

Unread post by sillyfrog » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:58 pm

I've only done it a couple of times, so it may have changed, but I'll see if I can help.

When you initially did the install, where you prompted for various settings? (eg: The URL for Sickbeard)?

And when you click on the main menu, and SickBeard. Does it open a new tab in your browser? If not, maybe your browser is blocking pop-ups.

The main menu looks like this when expanded:

Bankeralle wrote:Hi guys

I have just bought myself the diskstation 414. I am quite happy with so far but now i want to set it up
With sickbeard.
I followwed this guide
http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic ... og#p299197
But somehow the configurationpage(web page) for sickbeard and transmission wont start after installation is complete.

Any idea why, is there something else that need to be done

witje
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by witje » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:24 am

I am having the same issues with Sickbeard and DS414.

I have installed all the packages, but when I open Sickbeard, it does open a new window, with the following address: http://192.168.1.9:9091. With the message safari can't open page.

Any suggestions what I could try to get it working?

sillyfrog
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by sillyfrog » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:26 am

witje wrote:I am having the same issues with Sickbeard and DS414.

I have installed all the packages, but when I open Sickbeard, it does open a new window, with the following address: http://192.168.1.9:9091. With the message safari can't open page.

Any suggestions what I could try to get it working?
First thing I guess is making sure that the service started correctly. If you go to Package Center, then Sickbeard Custom, does it show as running? If not, try to start it, this is what it looks like for me starting it:

If it does not start, what do the logs show, on that screen click on "View Log", it looks like this for me:

If you send through the logs, maybe someone can figure out why it is not starting (assuming that is the issue).

Synolougy
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Synolougy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the last version of Sickbeard by MrOrange works with DSM 5.0 Beta 4418 ?

Thanks by advance ;)

Synolougy
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Synolougy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Nobody ? :?

twowordz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by twowordz » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to get sickbeard to do the post processing (move the tv shows) after Download Station finishes?

I can't figure it out.

arkayenro
Novice
Novice

Unread post by arkayenro » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:32 pm

twowordz wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to get sickbeard to do the post processing (move the tv shows) after Download Station finishes?
in download station set the default location (config > location) to match the tv download directory (config > post processing) you set in sickbeard.

if the download matches a tv show it'll be moved otherwise it'll stay there

devxon
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by devxon » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:47 am

Hi guys, I have completed most of your steps and recommendations though I'm completely new to my DS214play and after setting up everything (and searching for a TV show) I do not know when and how the series get downloaded.

I mean, I got the series in Sick Beard and appear in wanted status but my Download Station does not show anything to be downloading.

Any suggestions? ThanX in advance!

Return to “Third-party Packages”